Part 12 - I'll take care of you

Stevie vowed that Lindsey would receive the justice he deserved, secretly meeting up with the authorities to inform them of the situation possibly being related to Roger. She was sure that the four men were linked somehow, asking for her own personal copies of their faces taken from the security videos. They were safely placed in to a folder and taken to Roger's lawyer, informing him that she would make sure to take a few years off his sentence if he cooperated.

"Let me get this straight, Ms. Nicks; four men broke in to your home and assaulted Mr. Buckingham, apparently searching for you, and you think that my client has something to do with it?"

"Yes," she nodded, "...I have no enemies and I am not one to talk about controversial topics through the media, I would have no other reason to believe that anyone else would do this besides Roger himself. If he could go out of his way to attempt killing me in my own hospital bed, I don't see why he would not attempt trying once again."

"You see, what if they really aren't related? You're going to still give him three years off his sentence?"

"Well, no, only if he tells me the truth."

"What if the truth is that they're not involved?"

"Then I guess you'll never have to see me again."

The lawyer was confused, sitting back in his chair as he adjusted the glasses on his face. He's never seen anyone come to his office with such a proposition, actually willing to let the courts lessen a sentence for someone that attempted murder. "If you give me the photos of the men, I can go over it with him."

"No," sliding the folder back towards her, "...I want to be there."

They made their way to the State prison, once again Stevie having to ignore the cat calls from the men obviously desperate  for female attention, not once giving them eye contact. Roger was waiting for them in a private room, this time with out the chains around his ankles and wrists, giving Stevie a feeling of uneasiness.

"Well, the prodigal sun has returned," inquired Roger as Stevie was the first to step foot through the door, his lawyer following, pulling a chair out for Stevie as he then sat himself.

"Mr. Hines," the lawyer began, "...I've put this meeting together because there's something that Ms. Nicks wants to tell you, which I have listened to everything that she's said, willing to allow this to take place."

Roger nodded, Stevie clearing her throat as she leaned up against the table. "Roger, this is about the other day when I asked to speak to you. I need you to be fully honest with me here because if you can tell me the names of these four men," opening the folder and placing the pictures out in a row, "...I will allow the courts to take three years off your sentence. Lindsey is badly injured and they were coming after me. I want justice."

Sighing, Roger, rubbed at his eyes. "So you think that if I just tell you who they are, I'm supposed to believe that I'll be getting twelve years instead of fifteen?"

"That's the plan," answering him.

"What if I don't know them, do I still get the three years off?"

Stevie looked to his lawyer, "That is the general idea."

"Okay, I don't know them," crossing his arms over his chest.

"Roger, please," begged Stevie, "...look at them each with depth, not just a quick glance! If you know them, planned this, or know of who did - I beg you to tell me!"

"So, lover boy is pretty beat up?"

Rolling her eyes, Stevie nodded, "Yes. He has a broken shoulder blade, a few ribs, and all five fingers on his right hand; not to mention the work that was done to his face. Please," looking in to Roger's eyes as she leaned over more, "...if you planned this, tell me so I can put these men away. I promise you that your sentence will be shorter and I won't press charges, only to them, I want them for what they did."