Part 16 - Separated

Warning: This will include some heavy subject matter and I don't want to offend anyone. Just remember that this is entirely fictional.

Her smile must have been on her face all night, waking up with one, seeing that he was still fast asleep. This was not usual for her to wake up before him, though she knew that he was more exhausted than her; the pain meds he'd regularly took were the problem. She wore him out and wanted to be the one to grab breakfast this time, running her fingers over his face as he slightly twitched, rubbing his nose then snoring some. Stevie chuckled, giving him a kiss on the corner of his mouth as she felt the need to shower, that was not something like her to do these days - to not shower before bed, sniffing under her own arms as she shivered. Lindsey could easily go out and grab breakfast as a mess but not her!

Writing a quick note, unlike him, she sprayed it with some of her perfume then kissed it to leave a big lip print. She laid it on her pillow then quietly exited the bedroom to leave the house, securely locking it behind her, making her way across the way to the resort.

Stevie felt light, almost like a Goddess walking down that dock, waving her purse back and forth as she held her hat on her head. She was even loving the feel of the sun today! Usually she hid every inch of her skin from it, her night with Lindsey giving her a careless attitude, smiling at everyone that she ran in to.

Picking out healthy foods from the breakfast bar, Stevie grabbed a coffee to go, glancing at her engagement ring. It made her stop and daydream, thinking about how elegant their wedding could be, how perfectly romantic everything would seem! When it came to romance, the two of them were the cover children!

Leaving the resort, a beautiful SUV pulled up, a handsome man stepping out as she grew curious. Was this for her?

"Ms. Nicks?" said the younger man while she nodded. "Mr. Buckingham requested your safety back to the house," opening the door for her.

"Oh, that's silly - it's not even that far! I can make it there in three minutes!"

"I'm sorry, ma'am, he said that we must return with you," gesturing for her to enter as she gave in, taking the man's hand as she lifted her body in. At least it had A/C and it was hot today!

Taking off her sunglasses, she waited for the man to enter, leaving the resort as he passed by the house. Stevie felt her heart jumping, turning her head around to look at the house behind them. Why was he going the opposite way?

"Um, sir, you passed by the house," her palms growing sweaty.

Silence

"Excuse me but you are not going the right way!"

The doors locked to the Child safety settings, impossible for Stevie to open them, panicking in the back seat as she held the sides of her face. This was not good, not at all kosher!

...Back at the beach house, Lindsey just woke up, seeing that the time was going on noon. He yawned, wishing he could stretch and catching himself before he did so, seeing Stevie's note and putting on his glasses to read:

I didn't want to wake you, I know that you are the most tired you've been in years. I've went to grab us breakfast, wanting to return that loving gesture as you had only a day ago. I have laid your towel out in the bathroom and hope to return before you wake. My heart is beating fast in my chest as I won't be separated from you long!

I love you... I love you... I love you,

Steph

Lindsey could smell her perfume and knew she sprayed some on the note, something that she has always done when sending him love letters. "Baby, you are the love of my life," but not hearing a sound. "Stephanie? Honey?" holding on to his ribs as he stood. He checked the bathroom and nothing had been touched, leaving the bedroom to start for the living room. "Babe?" scratching his head and making his way to the kitchen. There was no food or sign of any breakfast! His last spot to check was the back porch and his heart lept in to his throat once he realized... Stevie never returned.