Part 19 - Abnormal behavior

Lindsey's divorce was finalized, Kristen having joint custody of the girls, William away at college but making it known that he would be staying with his father when visiting. It wasn't exactly what Lindsey wanted, as in he wanted full custody of his girls but it was better than not having custody at all, Stevie welcoming the girls in to her home like the mother she was meant to be. It took some getting used to, that is having two young growing ladies in her Malibu mansion but this was the closest that she would ever get to having her own family, Lindsey constantly observing his future wife as she bonded with his daughters; everything was perfect about this new change.

Walking by the master bedroom, Lindsey could hear his two girls laughing with Stevie, opening the door a crack to see them playing dress up in his fiancé's closet. It warmed his heart how much LeeLee and Stella took to their future Stepmom, seeing that all his worries of losing his youngest children to another marriage was not at all the case, it actually bringing them closer together.

Knocking lightly on the door, all three of their heads turned, Lindsey stepping through with his hands in his pockets; tonight was his bachelor party. His eyes locked with Stevie's as she smiled, biting on her lower lip as she looked down at her hands, wearing a dress that she hasn't worn in many years - luckily the material being stretchy enough to allow her fuller figure to fit.

"Dad!" Stella jumped as she did a pose for him. "What do you think?" showing off the long fringed vest she yanked from Stevie's closet. "Do you think I could get away with this?"

He chuckled, "I'd say so."

LeeLee was wearing one of Stevie's large hats, a silk scarf around her neck and a black shawl. "Stevie said that we can have these," gesturing at the clothes on her body.

"She did?" then giving Stevie a wink. "Well, that's awfully nice of her."

"Yes!" answered Stella. "She even said that we could wear them in the wedding!"

"Oh? Wow, now that is even nicer!" taking his hands out of his pockets as he pulled his youngest close.

"What can I say?" Stevie said. "I don't think I'll be wearing much of this stuff anyway - it needs a good home."

"Girls, can I talk to Stevie alone for a minute?" asked Lindsey as they nodded, leaving the bedroom as he helped Stevie up from the floor. He pulled her close in to his arms and took in the scent of her perfume, just keeping her against him while he closed his eyes.

"You're not giving me extra attention because you're going to do something naughty tonight, are you?" spoke Stevie.

Laughing, Lindsey shook his head, breaking their hold as he gave her lips a lingering kiss. "No, not at all. I happen to feel the best I have in years and it's all due to you, do you know that?" running his hands up and down her arms to kiss her forehead. "I have absolutely everything that I could ever want."

Her eyes filled with tears, smiling through them as she pulled him back in to her arms, burying her face in to his chest. "I want you to be careful, do you hear me? Don't drink too much and don't let them drag you in to a sleazy stripper joint."

"I may have a few drinks but I promise that I am not interested at all in a stripper joint."

"Yeah, sure," giving one of his nipples a pinch.

"Honest, baby, I am going out with a few guys to have some drinks - that is all!"

"Well, it would be normal for you to spend your last night as a single man again - though you weren't single for too long," speaking of his divorce. "Maybe I just don't want you to see a better looking woman than me."