Part 13 - Take me away

Setting up a day to fly out to Tahiti, Stevie had Karen rent them out a beautiful little beach house near a resort, packing for two weeks then using Stevie's private jet. It was easier for Lindsey to have the plane to himself with only one other person because he couldn't always sit long, his ribs aching, also still frustrated with his arm in a sling. This would be the longest he's ever really gone with out playing his guitar, it being such a burden to him.

Stepping off the plane, they were picked up at the airport in a beautiful black SUV, taken to the beach house where the two of them fell in love with the scenery instantly.

"This is so gorgeous," mentioned Stevie as her white sundress flew up around her, holding on to her large black hat, adorning large white sunglasses. The house looked almost like a large hut, hovering above the crystal blue water, having to walk down the dock to reach it. "What do you think, baby?" already halfway down the dock, forgetting about Lindsey's injuries as he was limping his way towards her. Stevie turned and let her shoulders fall, shaking her head, hoping he wasn't too  upset about being incapable of swimming. "I'm sorry, Linds, I got a bit too excited there," walking up to him as he froze, giving her a half smile. "It won't be so bad, baby, I know you want to jump right in to that water."

"I do but I guess I'll have to do with standing in it instead."

"I promise that we'll have a good time," cupping his face and kissing his lips.

Lindsey took her hand, "I wanted to tell you that you look beautiful in that dress," kissing her knuckles. "It's not often that I get to see you in something other than your little uniform."

She grinned, one hand on the back of his neck as she gave him another kiss. "Thank you," whispering against his lips.

Now walking at his pace, they reached the door to the house, the driver rolling both of their suitcases down the dock, Stevie tipping him as he departed. It was just the two of them, Karen staying back in California with Sulamith as they tried to get as much relaxation in as possible.

"Oh, this is perfect," said Stevie as she helped Lindsey get their suitcases in to the bedroom, looking over everything as the fridge was even packed with what they requested. "Ah, Perrier," she wiggled her eyebrows after taking off her sunglasses. "Would you like some fancy smancy water, Linds?" unscrewing the cap as she took out two glasses, taking a sip. "Ugh, so refreshing!"

Taking a seat on the stool at the breakfast bar, Lindsey reached for his glass, downing it. "I'm not one for that bubbly water but it's so hot here that I'll drink almost anything."

"Well," searching for the A/C unit, "...let's just turn this down some more," tossing her hat across the room like a frizbee and giving her head a scratch.

"Come here," gesturing with his head as he held out his left hand, wrapping his arm around her waist to draw her near. "I love you," kissing across her neck.

"I love you more," leaning her head back as she felt him snap her bra through her dress. "Ouch! Why, Lindsey, you dirty dog," bringing her head back down to grin.

"You know, it's just us," licking the corner of his mouth, sliding off her shawl, working on a strap of her dress.

"Ah, you are feeling much better than you claim to be!" shaking her finger at him.

"I may be a big baby when it comes to my ailments but when it comes to you?" looking her up and down. "Well, honey, I just can't help myself - almost like a miracle!"

"Oh," giving a wink as she leaned against the bar, running a finger down the buttons of his shirt. "How's your ribs? Need me to tighten that wrap for you?" gently touching his abdomen.