reason twelve // he trusted me

"Guys, that's Calum. He just moved here from Australia. It was Australia, right?", I asked and he nodded, giving me a bright smile.

"Yeah, Sydney.", he smiled and I gestured him to sit down next to Luke and I.

Michael started to talk to Calum immediately and I could tell that they would be best friends in the shortest time. It seemed like I have found the perfect friend for everybody. They all seemed to like him.

Except for Luke.

"Just tell me what's wrong, Luke.", I whispered in his ear and he turned to me, showing me his beautiful face. I was supposed to be annoyed and not admire him.

"I don't like him.", Luke said simply and I sighed.

"You don't know him well enough to know that.", I said. I was always against judging people at the first meeting. What if the person you met seemed like a complete bitch at first, but actually was super nice human being.

"You don't know him either.", he hissed and I rolled my eyes, already mad at him.

"Stop being such an judgmental asshole, Luke.", I grunted and stood up from the table, storming outside.

"Stop walking, Rachel.", Luke said behind me, obviously following me.

"Make me.", I said and started moving faster.

Sadly not fast enough.

Luke grabbed my wrist and twisted me back around, right into his chest, hugging me.

I was mad so I didn't hug back. I just rested my arms on my sides.

"I'm sorry, ok? I really am. It's just not the ideal scenario for a guy. Imagine me coming to lunch with a random girl, no one knows. And let's be real here, the girl isn't unattractive. She is in fact kinda hot. How would you feel?", he asked and I shrugged.

"I don't know. I would be like, ok. Maybe she's nice. Let's get to know her. But I for sure wouldn't say 'I don't like her' just because you brought her to us.", I said annoyed and he let go of me.

"I'm jealous of him, okay? He's definitely not ugly and.. I don't know. He could take you away from me.", Luke said and I sighed.

"So you don't trust me? Luke get it through your thick and stubborn skull, I do not want to be with anyone else. I love you and only you.", I said and started to walk again, just to be held back by him.

"I know, but what if he is better than me? What if he treats you better? What if you fall in love with him? And fall out with me. There are so many possibilities for you to leave me.", Luke said and I melted inside, tried not to show it though. Fuck, that was adorable.

"Its called trust. If you would trust me than this wouldn't be your fear. But as I can tell, you don't trust me. I trust you, Luke. And of course if I see you talking to a pretty girl I feel jealous, but I trust you not to make a move on her. Because I know you love me and you wouldn't hurt me like this.", I said and as he was about to respond, I cut him off again. I was not done talking.

"What if Calum was hotter than you. For me, you still would be the most attractive person on this planet. What if he could treat me better than you. Maybe he could. But he'll never make me feel the same as you do. What if he was a better boyfriend. What if he was a better person. What if he was better. I don't care if he is. He can be the most hot and loving person ever, but still. He is nothing in comparison to you. There is nothing better for me than you, Luke. I hope you know that.", I said with tears in my eyes. Boy, was I pouring my emotions out today.

"I love you, princess. So, so much. I can't even describe how much I love you. You are just.. oh my god, I just love you. Forgive me. Please. I.. I don't know what got into me. I love you.", he begged and kissed me.

I smiled under the kiss and my hugged him tightly, after we pulled away.

"I love you too, Luke.", I smiled and kissed him shortly, "Now come on. They might be dead by now, for all I know."

We went back inside, only to find all of our friends laughing. Not dead.

"Hey, Rachel. Do you want to hang out after school? They're coming too.", Calum asked me and I nodded.

"You in, Luke?", Cal asked, but Luke shook his head with a frown on his face.

"I can't. Homework. But you guys have fun.", Luke said and Calum nodded, understanding.

"Oh, ok. But you don't mind Rachel coming, right?", he asked and Luke shook his head, smiling this time.

"No, of course not. I trust her.", he said, whispering the last sentence, only so I was able to hear it.

And it made me smile. A lot.

That was reason twelve. He trusted me.

-------

i don't even know oops

sorry if shitty i try my best