reason eight // he wanted me

"So you finally can leave the house again?", Amy asked and I nodded, smiling.

"It took me a while to convince her, but yes. I can finally leave.", I said relieved and her eyes sparked in excitement.

"Thank god. Because Mikey and I planned a hang out with everyone. I don't know if Luke can come though, he'll probably be busy. As always.", she laughed and I shrugged.

"I feel like now that you two are kind of a thing, he is always here. I mean you did say he spends a lot of time on your tree and with you.", Mikey said and I laughed.

"Who has been spending time in Rachel's tree?", Luke suddenly asked from behind and sat down.

"You?", Amy laughed and he nodded.

"Oh, I do. I grew to actually have feelings for this tree. It's really great.", he said and kissed my cheek.

"Just date already.", Matthew said, also sitting down. Madison seconds after.

"Who dates who?", she asked confused and I sighed.

"Luke dates Rachel.", Matthew said and I laughed.

"We're not dating.", I sighed.

Sure would love too though.

"Yet. We're not dating yet.", Luke said and snaked his arm around my waist. I looked at him questioning and he just winked at me. Of course I had to blush. Of fucking course.

"Well are you two dating?", I asked and pointed to Madison and Matthew.

While he said 'no', Madison said 'yes'.

"We are not dating, Madison. Get that in your head. Also get off my ass.", he scoffed.

"Oh so you just fucked me and now we're suddenly nothing?! What was I? A hit and run? Who is that bitch you're cheating on me with? Is it Rachel? I saw the way you looked at her!", she yelled, close to tears and my eyes widened.

"No, it is not Rachel.", Luke said and Madison turned her head to him.

"How do you know that? You two aren't even dating.", she scoffed.

"Well, not like Matthew I actually spend time with the girl I want to be with. I almost broke my ankle for her.", he protected me.

"You didn't hurt your ankle. You just played it so you could stay the night, without my mother grounding me again. But yeah, he spends most of his time on my tree.", I said and she broke out in tears.

I felt bad, but she didn't need to insult me.

"Oh please, Luke is just like Matthew. First he will make you feel loved, fuck you and then leave. They're both fuckboys. You two disgust me!", she yelled and now I got really mad. No one will call Luke a fuckboy.

"Ok bitch, back the fuck up. Have you ever thought about why Matthew did that? I've known him for so long and he never was a fuck and chuck type of guy. He only slept with you, because you were following him around like a puppy. But do not insult Luke. He did nothing to you.", I spat.

"Oh please. He only uses you. He wants to fuck you and leave. You're one of his bitches.", she said, and Luke had enough.

"Don't you dare, call Rachel a bitch. She is nowhere a bitch. I don't use here. I love her. I want to be with her for the rest of my life, goddammit. I want her for her and not for her body. Does that sound like fuckboy to you? I don't think so. Whatever. C'mon Rachel. We're ditching.", Luke yelled and took my hand, running outside with me.

We got into the car and he started to drive. He was still pounding and I could feel the tension he had in him. I took his hand in mine and he immediately intertwined out fingers together. I smiled at the small gesture and decided to let him cool a little, before I ask where we are going.

But I didn't have to, because we arrived 10 minutes later.

"Come on. We're here.", he smiled and we got out. We were standing in the middle of a huge flower field.

He got out a blanket, laid it out and gestured me to lay down also. So I did. We both cuddled up together and just starred in the sky.

I felt him relax under me and I also did, but the more time passed, the more I wanted to know if what he said was really true.

After a while I decided to ask. I couldn't hold it any longer.

"Luke?", I asked and he hummed in response.

"Can I ask you a question?", I asked curious and he nodded slightly.

"Ask away, princess."

"Did you really mean what you said earlier?", I asked and he opened his eyes, looking at me.

"Of course I did, princess.", he smiled and kissed my head. I smiled, but I still didn't know what that meant for us now. I mean, he said he loved me.

"I know what you're thinking. And yes, I do want to be with you. But do you want to be with me?", he asked and I smiled up at him.

"I freaking love you, Luke.", I said in ecstasy and kissed him passionately. He smiled under the kiss and kissed back with the same passion.

"I freaking love you too, princess."

And that was the seventh reason for me. He wanted me for me. And not for something else.