reason seven // his nicknames

"Mom, I don't need the 'talk' anymore. I know everything and I'm not planing to have sex anytime soon. Not with Luke nor with someone else.", I said and she shook her head.

"I know that you know it. But still. I'm not planning on having any grandchildren soon.", she said and I nodded.

"Mom, please. I promise I still haven't had sex yet and I'm highly informed about protection. Just ground me.", I begged and she nodded.

"I'm glad you said that yourself. You're grounded. For two weeks. And I swear if I see this Luke boy in our house in those two weeks, you will be grounded for the rest of your life.", she said strictly and I nodded.

I went upstairs and laid down on my bed. Again there was a knock on my window. This time I was more careful, so I didn't get hit with a rock again.

"What do you want Luke?", I asked him and he was about to climb in, but I stopped him.

"If my mother sees you, she'll ground me until I die.", I said and he nodded.

"Well guess, I'm just going to sit in this tree then. What're you doing?", he asked me and I laughed at him.

"Nothing right now. I'm guessing you just came here, because you were bored?", I smiled and he shrugged.

"That too, but I also missed you.", he said, giving me a cheesy grin.

"Two hours. New record.", I laughed and my mom came in.

"Who were you talking too?", she asked and I went away from the window.

"Hi. Mrs. Collins.", Luke said nicely and waved a little bit. She looked at him confused and then at me, mad.

"Didn't I just tell you, that he is not allowed in our house for the next two weeks?", she asked me, but he shook his head.

"You see, I am not in your house. I know that I'm not supposed to be in here and Rachel told me not to come in. So I decided to stay on the tree.", Luke explained and my mother looked at us annoyed.

"I guess that is okay. Just don't sleep here again.", she said and left. Immediately I bursted out in laughter and Luke did too.

"Back to what I was saying. So you're grounded now?", he asked me and I nodded.

"But you know, it's fine. You can always climb up the tree. How do you even get up here?", I asked him laughing and he smiled.

"Skills and magic.", he said and I started laughing. He just looked at me the whole time.

"Stop starring at me.", I laughed and hid my face in my hands.

"But you're so pretty.", he sighed and I shook my head, laughing.

"Oh my god, leave.", I laughed, blushing.

"Never!", he shouted and suddenly the brach broke.

"Holy shit.", I yelled and rushed downstairs. I just ran straight out into the yard.

"Young lady, you are grounded!", my mother shouted after me and chased me.

I kneeled down next to Luke and exhaled relieved, when I realized he was still alive and was smiling at me.

"Rachel, do you not understand- Oh my goodness, are you ok?", my mother asked Luke worried and he nodded slightly.

"I am. My back just hurts a little, but I'm fine. Totally worth it.", he said and sat up slowly.

"You're crazy.", I laughed and helped him up.

"For you, yes.", he said and I blushed. My mother smiled and I gave her a confused look.

"Go inside Rachel. And Luke, you can go too. You can't go home hurt. I don't want you to climb that tree again.", she said and I nodded, pulling Luke with me.

"Sit down.", I said still concerned and he obeyed me, still smiling.

"Do you need something? Ice or something?", I asked and he pulled me on his lap, hugging me tightly.

"Luke, I'm serious.", I laughed, but still hugged back. I couldn't resist.

"I am serious too.", he smiled and hid his face in the crook of my neck. I smiled as his breath tickled my skin.

"Really though, are you ok?", I asked him and he looked up at me.

"Babe, yes I am.", he said and I smiled at him. These nicknames made me go crazy.

"Good.", I said and stood up from his lap.

"Not this ok anymore.", he said and pulled me back down. I sighed and shook my head, laughing.

"You are unbelievable.", I said and he shrugged.

-

"I don't want to go, baby.", Luke whined and I laughed.

"Come on, Luke. You need to go home. It's late.", I said and helped him up.

"But can't you come with?"

"I'm grounded, you genius.", I laughed and he made puppy eyes.

"Can't I stay then?", he asked, but I shook my head.

"You know, I don't think I can go home like this. My foot kinda hurts and I drove here. That might be a bad idea, going home now. I can just call my parents?", he asked and I laughed at his try.

"Good. I'll go ask your mom. Stay here.", he said and fake limped downstairs.

I had to wait 20 minutes and then Luke came limping back to my room.

"Ok, so after 5 years, a talk about sex and pregnancy, I can stay here.", he smiled and I laughed at him.

"You are indeed crazy.", I shook my head

"Let's go to sleep then.", he smiled and we both laid down. We got cuddled up together and he kissed my head.

"Goodnight, baby.", he said and kissed my head.

"What's up with these nicknames?", I laughed and he shrugged.

"I don't know. I like them. And I love calling you them also. So goodnight baby.", he smiled and kissed me again.

This reason might be stupid, but I loved his nicknames for me.