reason ten // the real kind

"I don't even know.", I replied as Amy asked me about the math formula for something. We had finals in three weeks and she was freaking out.

Three weeks is still a lot of time. And me being the irresponsible idiot I am, will start learning one week before.

"Come on. There has to be something in your brain.", she groaned, but I shrugged.

"It's all food, sleep and Luke, if we're being honest.", Mikey answered for me and I laughed.

"Sad, but true.", I said and Luke came over to out table.

"Hey, guys.", he smiled and kissed me shortly.

"Yeah, I still don't get over the fact that my best friends are dating.", Amy said and there was a hint of disgust in her voice.

"Oh shut up. As if you two haven't had anything going on.", Luke said and I laughed at him. We both were convinced they were together. #Miamy4life

"Fuck off, Ruke. We all know you two will end up being married and have like ten children.", Amy scoffed jokingly. Even though it was supposed to be a joke, it made me think about it. What if he really was the one.

"Whatever.", I laughed and stood up. I could finally go home.

"Luke, you have school. I'll drop her off.", Mikey said and Luke sighed.

"Don't kill yourselfs. Bye, baby.", he said and kissed me quickly, after hugging me tightly.

"Luke, chill. We'll see each other tomorrow.", I laughed, but hugged back just as tight.

"I don't care.", he said and kissed my forehead.

"Love you, bye.", I smiled and he replied with an 'i love you too, babygirl'.

Michael and I got into the car and he drove me home.

"You wanna come inside?", I asked Mickey and he looked at his watch. He shrugged and nodded.

"Mom, I brought Michael.", I said to her and she smiled warmly at him. She always loved him.

-

"I probably should get going.", Mikey said after two hours of us just talking on my bed.

Suddenly his phone rang and he looked at it confused.

"Yes, Luke?", he answered and put it on speaker.

"It's about Rachel.", Luke said serious and I perked up. Oh shit, no.

"What about her?", he asked looking at me with wide eyes.

"I don't know. It's nothing bad. I..I think she might be the one.", Luke said and I exhaled relieved. So he's not breaking up with me. That's good.

"And?", Mikey asked and there was a loud sigh on the other line.

"No, I really mean it. This is not some in love with a girl shit anymore. I literally love her. Like love love.", Luke said and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Didn't you say 'I love you' to each other already?", Michael asked just as confused as I was.

"Yeah, we did. But you know. It's not like I didn't mean it, because I did. I loved her then. But now I love her.", Luke said and I still didn't understand. What was he even talking about.

"What the fuck Luke. Be more specific. I don't get it.", Mikey said.

"This sounds bad if I say it, though. Ok, I swear if you tell her this, I will kill you.", Luke said and I stifled a laugh. Oops.

"Got it, now keep going.", Mikey said slowly growing impatient.

"Well you see, at first the 'i love you' was more like, oh ok, she's my girlfriend now. That's what you say when you have a girlfriend. That's what everyone always says, so I'll say it too. I was in love with her, which isn't the same thing as love for me, I guess.", he explained and I couldn't help but feel a little hurt. Ok, liar.

"But now. Now it's an 'i love you' of the real kind. It's the kind you would say to your wife. It's the 'i love you' to someone you want to spend your life with. Just imagine our wedding. She would walk down the isle as beautiful as ever and I would most likely bawl my eyes out. And then she would be mine. Forever. Until death parts us. Oh my god can you imagine our children? They would be adorable. There would be so many children. I don't even know how I keep my hands to myself now. God, I want to..", then he let out a deep groan ,"so bad.".

"Ok, I think you should stop there.", Mikey chuckled and I nodded, almost laughing.

"You know, I should probably hang up. I'm at her house. Bye.", Luke said and I looked up alarmed.

"There's no way, you can get out in time.", I said to Mikey and he nodded.

Suddenly the my bedroom door opened. Luke came inside smiling, but as he saw Michael he went pale.

"Please tell me, I wasn't on speaker.", he almost whispered, but Mikey gave him a guilty smile.

"I will never ever call you again.", he said and ran through his hair frustrated.

"I mean, it wasn't bad at least.", Mikey shrugged still with the same facial expression.

"Not bad at all.", I spoke up and Luke looked at me, as if he had forgotten I was here.

"I'm sorry for the first 'i love you' thing.", he said and sat down next to me.

"At least it's not this one anymore.", I smiled and he hugged me tightly.

"I love you.", he whispered and I smiled.

"Which kind?", I whispered back and he pulled back a little bit.

"The real one.", he said and kissed me.

This was reason ten. It was the real kind.