reason four // he understood

"So now I'm just confused what is happening.", I told Amy as we were hanging out at my house.

"So you like Luke?", she asked excited, but also confused and I sighed. I had no idea.

"I don't know. All I know is that he makes me go crazy.", I said and buried my face in a pillow.

"Just tell me how he makes you feel.", she said, rolling her eyes playfully.

"You know how he always calls me princess? Every time he does that I feel my heart speeding up and my knees go weak immediately. God, even his presence makes me go weak. And his smile, oh god his smile.", she mumbled into the pillow, loud enough for her to hear.

"Well, honey, you are totally in love with him. And he is totally in love with you. You both are just scared.", Amy said wisely and we heard a far cough.

I looked around scared and she did the same thing. Suddenly someone again coughed and started talking, but it was muffled.

Amy had the most terrified look on her face as she took her phone out.

"Rachel don't freak out please. I might've accidentally butt dialed Madison and she might've heard everything we just said.", Amy said, trying to sound as calm as possible. But I freaked out completely.

"God dammit. Do you know what that means? That means she will tell him. And that it will be awkward from now on. For fucks sake, this might even mean he won't ever talk to me again!", I panicked and she sighed.

"I am so sorry. I really didn't mean to do this. I swear. Really.", Amy said now also panicking.

"It's not your fault, I guess. I'll just never leave my room ever again.", I smiled nervously and she laughed a little.

"It'll be fine. I know he likes you. He'll understand.", Amy said and grabbed her stuff to leave.

"Ok Amy. Don't tell anyone. Maybe Madison won't be a bitch and tell him. I just won't be at school for the next two days. I feel like crawling into a cave for the next few days.", I laughed and hugged her goodbye.

"If you need something just give me call.", she smiled and left.

Right as the door closed, my phone rang. I ran up to it, but as I saw the Caller-ID I didn't want to pick up anymore. Luke.

Of course Madison had to tell him. After what I said, she had to.

I put my phone on silent, since I exactly knew he would blow up my phone with calls and messages.

Then I just went to sleep. I was not ready to talk to Luke now. But I knew now. I really liked him.

A violent knock on the front door woke me up and I walked downstairs groaning.

"What?", I spat, opening the door and looking at the person in front of me.

But this someone grabbed my face and smashed their lips onto mine. I widened my eyes out and as I realized that it was Luke, I couldn't help but kiss back.

As he pulled away I did not know what to at all. Someone just told him that I basically am in love with him and he comes here and kisses me? Is that how it works, because if so, this whole love shit would be so much easier than everyone says it is.

"You know, Madison kinda called me.", he started and I sighed, looking to the ground.

"Can we not talk about that, please? I really don't feel like talking. The exact same reason why I turned my phone off.", I asked and his eyes softened.

"Uhm sure, well then. I gotta go. See you at school.", he said awkwardly and left.

I mentally face palmed and decided that I won't ever leave the house again. Fuck it, I'm out. No more social contact for me.

Now Luke won't ever talk to me again. He probably thinks that I didn't like him anymore. Or that I didn't like the kiss. Which I did. A lot.

Now I fucked up. Bad. Really really bad.

And then I started crying, still sitting on my front porch. I started crying, just because of how dumb I was.

He'll never call me princess ever again. He probably won't call me anything ever again. Now I made it awkward.

After 30 minutes of silent crying, a car appeared in my driveway. My parents.

"Honey! What's wrong?", my mom asked worried and immediately hugged me tightly.

"Nothing, mom. I'm glad you two are back.", I said and wiped my tears away. She backed up a little bit and gave me a kiss on my forehead.

"You alright, hun?", my dad asked and I nodded. He smiled and I flashed him a fake one. Now that they were back I needed to convince them I was sick, so I could stay at home.

-

"Honey, wake up. It's time for school.", my mom said, shaking me awake. I groaned, but remembered my plan.

"Mom, I don't feel well.", I said and held my stomach. She made a worried face and kneeled down next to my bed.

"I'll get you some medicine and you'll stay at home today. Get better, honey.", she smiled and I nodded. After she left, I turned off my phone, so no one would distract me from sleeping and 'getting better'.

After a while I was really asleep and only my mom came in once in a while, to check on me.

-

"Rachel, wake up. You have a visitor.", my mom said and I slowly opened my eyes to see her with Luke.

"Hey, Rachel.", he said and I nodded, smiling a little.

"Well, I'll leave you two alone.", she said smirking, winked at me and left. This woman.

"So Amy told me, that you're not really sick. And that you're only at home, because you're avoiding me. Or you try to.", he said and sat down next to me. I didn't say anything, just looked down.

"Is it about the kiss yesterday? Because if so, then I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done it.", he said and I looked up, straight into his sad eyes.

"It wasn't because of that. I don't know, I just feel like you don't like me the way I do, but then again. I'm scared. I should be sorry.", I said and he smiled at me.

"I get that. I'm also scared. But we could be scared together if you want?", he laughed and I nodded.

"Sure. Let's do that.", I smiled and he kissed me shortly.

"Sorry, can't help it.", he smiled and stood up.

And that was the fourth reason. He understood me and my fears.