reason five // he missed me

"So you haven't seen him ever since?", Michael asked me confused and I nodded. I haven't seen Luke since the day I skipped school. And it's been 2 weeks.

"I don't know, this is just freaking me out. Like ok, it's one thing letting a girl alone, but leaving her confused and alone?", Amy said and I nodded again.

I  felt like it was my fault. Maybe all he did was an act, so I don't feel bad.

"Don't you dare think its your fault. I know that look of yours. Don't you dare.", Michael hissed at me playfully and I sighed.

"Well, what if it is? What if I was too forward and scared him off?", I asked afraid, but they both shook their heads.

"He was the one who kissed you twice. But that's not the point. We know Luke. Maybe he had to leave the country for a while. You know his parents and their crazy holiday trips in the middle of the year. They probably made him leave his phone at home. Or as they like to call it 'family-bonding-time'.", Amy said casually and I smiled.

She was probably right. It wouldn't be the first time something like this happened. They always chose the worst time for a trip.

"Rachel, do you know where Luke is?", Johnny asked and I shook my head, giving him an apologizing smile.

"Sorry. We all have no idea. But we're pretty sure, he'll be back soon. Is it important?", I asked nicely, but he shrugged.

"Well, we got assigned to be partners in literature class. We were supposed to write a poem about someone we genuinely cared about. I can do it in my own, but you know. I thought maybe he'd like to participate.", Johnny said and I smiled.

"Maybe I can jump in for him? I guess, I could write some poetry.", I suggested and his face brightened.

"You would do that? Thank you so much Rachel! That really means a lot to me. I might love poetry, but I'm really bad at writing it. I like to express myself in longer stories.", he laughed and left.

"Literally girlfriend goals.", Matthew said from behind and sat down next to us.

"What?", I asked confused and tilted my head to the side a little bit.

"You are making his school work while Luke's gone. That's adorable.", he explained and I shook my head, laughing.

"Thanks? But we're not together. I just wanted to help out Johnny. He's a nice kid.", I said and his eyes widened.

"You two are not together? You sure as hell act like it.", Matthew laughed and I shrugged.

"Guess who's back!", someone yelled and we all turned around, to see Luke coming our way.

"Where have you been?", Amy asked, laughing and he gave us a smirk.

"You know my crazy family, doing crazy vacations again.", he said and sat down next to me.

The end bell rang, which meant we were free to go home. Finally.

"Hey Rachel, come on. I'll give you a ride.", Luke said and I nodded, getting in his car.

"So how was your crazy family vacation.", I asked him, smiling and he shrugged.

"Ah you know, the usual. I missed having you around.", he said casually and my heart rate increased immediately. Obviously I blushed like an idiot.

"I missed you too.", I said a little quieter and looked to the floor.

"I'm glad you did. I missed being scared with you. I'm sorry, I didn't tell you I was going to leave for so long, but i didn't know either.", he said and stopped at a red light.

"In the end we all kinda knew that you went on vacation. We know your family.", I said and looked at him, smiling a little bit.

The rest of the car ride was silent, but not awkward.

"Well, we're here I guess.", he smiled as he pulled up to my driveway.

I nodded and we both got out.

"I'll see you at school tomorrow.", I smiled and he engulfed me in a hug. I laughed a little and hugged him back, tightly.

"I really missed you.", he whispered in my ear and kissed my shoulder briefly.

"I missed you too.", I said and hid my head in his neck.

"Is that you, honey?", my mom suddenly yelled from the porch and I almost jumped.

"Yeah, mom. I'll be inside in a few seconds.", I said, now at least 1 foot away from Luke. She nodded and went inside again.

Way to ruin the moment, mother.

"Well, I guess we'll see each other tomorrow.", he said smiling and I nodded.

"Bye.", I smiled and turned around, only to be spun around again.

"One last thing, before I forget.", he said and kissed me shortly. I smiled into the kiss, kissing back lightly.

"Bye.", he smiled as we pulled away and left. I just grinned to myself and went inside.

"Who was that?", my mom smirked and I sighed.

"A friend of mine.", I said, hoping she would leave the subject alone. Of course she wouldn't.

"That's how you hug friends?", she asked laughing and I nodded, going upstairs to my room.

I did my homework, which took me about 10000 hours. As it turned midnight I was finally done.

There was a knock on my window and I opened it, only to get hit with a small rock.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry.", Luke said worried and I laughed.

"What are you doing here?", I asked him and he climbed inside.

"I missed you.", he shrugged and laid down on my bed.

"You saw me like.. I don't know, four hours ago?", I laughed and laid down besides him.

"I couldn't fall asleep. But I also missed you, so here I am.", he said and pulled me closer to him.

I cuddled into his chest and he snaked his arms around my waist. Our legs were tangled and I could feel his heartbeat.

"Goodnight Luke.", I smiled and closed my eyes.

"Goodnight princess.", he said and kissed my head. With that gesture I fell into a deep sleep.

And that was reason five. He truly missed me.