reason one // he cared

"We're gonna be late, Rachel.", Amy rolled her eyes at me and I shrugged.

"Oh well, I am trying not to look like a complete disaster here.", I laughed and checked myself in the mirror one last time. I was trying extra hard to look acceptable today, since Matthew was there today.

"If this is about Matthew again, I will kill you.", she laughed and I sighed.

"Whatever. Come on, I'm done.", I smiled and we made our way to our friends Michael's house. We all were meeting there.

-

"Aye you guys made it!", Michael yelled and gave us short hugs.

"How could I miss hanging out with you? My second best friend!", I smiled and ruffled his short hair. He slapped my hand away and gave me a quick glare. I laughed at his childish behavior and we let ourselves fall on the couch.

"Who else is coming?", Amy asked and Michael shrugged.

"I don't know. Probably Madison, Matthew and maybe even Luke.", he said and I nodded. I haven't seen Luke in a while. He always was busy. With whatever.

"Now the party can start!", someone yelled and we all turned around to see Luke. I jumped up immediately, running up to him and jumping straight into his arms. I missed him so much.

"Awe cute.", Madison said behind us, obviously being sarcastic. I don't even know why I hang out with her. We hate each other.

"I know right? We're adorable.", he smiled and we let go of each other. I laughed and sat back down on the couch. But, of course, Luke had the great idea to sit on me. He literally jumped on me.

''Get your fat ass off of me.", I scoffed and tried to push him off, but he didn't move.

"Oh shit, what's going on here?", Matthew laughed as he came in.

"He won't get off me.", I playfully whined and made puppy eyes.

"Oh shut up, you love it.", Luke said and laid back on me. I shook my head smiling a little and put my arms around his stomach.

"Told you, you love it.", he smirked, but I scoffed.

"You wish. I was trying to help you not to fall down, idiot.", I said and let go of him, "But whatever fall down.".

"Rachel, do you want to come outside with us? We wanted to watch the sunset.", Amy asked out of nowhere and I nodded. I absolutely loved sunsets.

"I love those, let's go!", I said excited and wanted to stand up, forgetting Luke was sitting on me, basically pinning me down. I could feel him smirk.

"Luke, please. I want to go.", I said and tried to push him off again. God, why was he so strong.

"Only if you buy me food tomorrow. A lot of it.", he said and looked at me from the corner of his eyes.

"Stop being so difficult and move!", I said stubbornly. I was not going to buy him food. I knew how much he ate and I am not going to spend all of my money on him.

"Guess not then.", he shrugged and laid back again.

I looked around for help, but my eyes stopped at Matthew. I took a second to take in all of his features, but decided to look away again as Madison caught me staring and started to flirt with him. Even though he always told me how much he despite her, he still didn't stop her.

"I'll get off, if you ask him out.", Luke whispered and I scoffed.

"Why would I ask him out?", I laughed and he smiled at me.

"One second ago, you were starring at him.", Luke said in a 'duh'-tone and I laughed.

"Yeah, because he was flirting with Madison. I never knew he...liked her or something.", I said and gave him a light smile.

"Well, guess we're gonna be stuck in this position for ever.", Luke said and I snuck my arms around his stomach again.

"You know, if this would be the other way, this might even be comfortable.", I said and he nodded, standing up. I also did that, but instead of sitting down on his lap, I ran outside.

"5 years later, Rachel finally escaped.", Amy laughed with Michael. I nodded and looked up to the sky breathlessly. It was the perfect moment. ((re-reading this and ew the cringe))

"If you thought this was over, you were wrong.", someone said from behind and lifted me up, throwing me over their shoulder.

"Let me watch the damn sunset, Luke.", I laughed and started hitting his back with my hands a few times.

"Never!", he yelled and started running around the yard. I started laughing so hard, that tears were forming in my eyes.

After 10 minutes he finally put me down and I was full on crying from laughter.

"Oh no. Princess, don't cry.", he said in a concerned voice and hugged me tightly.

I laughed again, but this time I could actually contain myself.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to make you cry. I'll never do this again, I swear to god.", he said and by now I was sure that he was being serious and actually thought I was crying.

"Luke, I'm not crying.", I smiled and he let go of me a little bit.

"You're not?", he asked relieved and I nodded.

"I was laughing so hard, I started crying. It's not because you spun me around for the last 10 minutes.", I said and smiled up at him. He exhaled loudly and hugged me again.

"Thank god. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I made you cry.", he whispered in my ear and let go of me again.

"Ok guys. Its getting late, I should get going. See you around.", Luke then said and left.

I'm not sure why, but I felt sad that he had to go.

And that was reason one. He made me feel like he actually cared about me.

-
it gets better i promise lol (( does it really though ))