Solution to the Problem

Start from the beginning

She spoke with Aquaman and explained her problem when he stopped their stroll about the kingdom, asking what was troubling her. She wasn't as energetic as she had been - emotionally and mentally speaking - and he was worried about some of her silence.

The only advice she received from him sounded just like the advice Ted and Black Canary gave her.

She tried working with Mera to get a better hang on her water manipulating powers. They stopped halfway through when Ephyra had let out a cry of frustration at failing to get a move right.

The Queen had actually been more understanding, but her advice had been close to the same as the others.

She needed to wait until Superboy was calm, and she shouldn't push for him to get over it.

She'd spent the night in Atlantis before leaving for Themyscira the next morning.

It wasn't that she didn't appreciate their advice or understand it; she saw the logic in it. Ephyra just didn't want to wait that long. It had been about a week almost, and Superboy hadn't shown any sign of changing his attitude towards her.

It was possible she could gently prod a bit, and try to apologize or get him to talk, but knowing him it might just aggravate him.

She was just feeling more downcast with each passing day, if not hours and didn't know how to cope with it.

She missed her friend and wanted him back, and hated that she'd need patience to get him back. She just hoped she could find the patience needed to get her friend back, before she lashed out and screwed up even more, making the matters worse.

She'd spent all yesterday pondering Kaldur's words and Superboy's trying to put herself in his position and found it a little difficult, but easier than she had thought it would be.

She'd tried to bide her time by spending yesterday thinking, reading with Athena, or sparring with Artemis - anything to get her mind off her fellow clone.

Diana had tried telling her to build her spirit back up because she wasn't quite the same.

Artemis had helped bring her spirit up just a little bit more, but not to its full strength. She just told herself she'd be back to normal in a while.

Athena and Diana had suggested thinking of new battle strategies and if she finished that, perhaps what school she'd wanted to go to.

Thus being why she now sat on her large bed, with her Nemean lion cub in her lap.

The cub was purring softly in her lap with its closed, and its soft fur moving in motion of the direction her fingers ran.

It must be nice, she thought looking down at Ithaca. All Ithaca would ever have to worry about is maybe learning to hunt, getting faster, stronger, when her next petting might be, and what times she'd sleep. And since she was an animal and Ephyra a human, she'd never have to worry about offending her over some nonsense as simple as forgetting to tell her what her real name was.

A knock sounded lightly on her door before Diana opened it and walked inside. "I thought you might be here."

Ephyra just shrugged and kept her head lowered as she pet her lion.

"Ephyra you're not still allowing the incident with Superboy to plague your mind are you?"

The young clone just shrugged.

"Ephyra, you can't let this - "

"Why do you accept me so easily," she asks, looking up to meet her mentor's eyes which looked a bit surprised. "Is it a genuine choice or is it just the 'right thing' to do?" She asks making sure to use quotation marks with her fingers, on the last couple words. "Did you do all this to stop yourself from feeling guilty or feeling scrutinized by other leaguers, like Superman?"