XVII.The Unexpected Arrival.

"How do I look?" I ask palming my dress and looking into floor length mirror of my room.

Tyler is standing on the doorway well dressed in formals, looking hot as always.

You give him rug to wear and he will look hot.

He looks at me for a good minute or two than chuckles.

We were getting dressed for a group date in some fancy restaurant with our other couple friends. And don't ask me how this idea came up. It was all boys plan.

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Fine, I will ask mom. You just stand here and laugh all you want then later I'll make you regret ever laughing!" I said and stormed out of the room pushing him away, I made my way towards the stairs giving him my best you-will-regret-it-later look.

"You look sexy tonight," he whispers and leans forward trying to kiss.

"And you look like a jerk!" I say and push him. "You shouldn't have laughed Callahan, now pay!"

I say as I climb down the stairs with him following behind closely murmuring something under his breath.

Ignoring him I made my way towards the living room. A lot of laughter was coming from there, when I stepped inside, I saw mom and Tyler's mother talking to each other.

"You look gorgeous, April!" Tyler's mom said kissing my cheek when my eyes caught a black-haired beauty sitting on the couch. She looked around my age but I couldn't remember seeing her before.

"Good evening... " Tyler stepped in but trailed of in his mid-sentence as the girl rushed past me and pounced on him, engulfing him in a bear hug.

Who the hell is she?

"Ty-Ty I missed you!" She said kissing his cheek, which made my insides twist.

She has a freaking nickname for my boyfriend.

"Skylar ... What a pleasant surprise! And I missed you too!" Tyler grinned at her, that girl still in his arms.

I awkwardly cleared my throat.

"Hey, Skylar this is my girlfriend April, April meet ... " but before he could complete his sentence the Skylar girl again cut him off. Again.

"Let me introduce myself. Hi April! I am Skylar Lahar. Ty-Ty's bestest friend. And one and only !!" She said and my eyes widened.

"Nice...." I snapped awkwardly looking at Tyler because I'd she is such a friend why haven't I heard of her before?!

I just stood there like a Dumbo.

"Don't worry sweetheart, she is my childhood friend and don't mind her she is always jolly!" He said wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

I clenched my fists. I wanted to do many violent things right now but instead I smiled at both of them.

"So, for how long are you staying?" I asked casually.

"Already want me gone?" She asked with a smirk.

I could easily tell how evil she is.

"No of course not!" I said. "I didn't mean it that way."

"For a long time." She replied and eyed me.

I faked a smile.

"Good, so would you like to join us. We are going on a group date with other friends? I am sure nobody will mind." Tyler asked.

I will mind! I snapped in my thoughts.

"But I don't have dress!" She frowns.

"I am sure April can borrow you one!" He said smiling at me.

All I wanted right now was to smack Tyler's head!

"Of course!" I forcefully said.

I know shouldn't probably judge Skylar without knowing her but it's just how close they are that it has me all riled up.

***********

She got dressed in one of my dress and I admit she looked prettier.

Insecurities, Insecurities!

"How do I look Tyler?" Skylar asked as Tyler parked his sedan in the parking lot of 'the basil' restaurant where we were having this get together.

"You look pretty, sky!" He said and my stomach churned.

Oh, how he complemented her without laughing!

Throughout the journey Skylar kept telling me about her and Tyler's old days which involved Chase too. And they all seemed pretty close. Especially Skylar and Tyler.

Hey look how their names rhymed! Kill me now!

But why didn't he tell me about her before.

We stepped out of the car and made our way into the restaurant. Others have already arrived. Everyone looked good in their outfits, all formal and classy.

"Your boy bought two dates?" Lexi joked lowering her voice.

"Yeah, I guess... " I sighed sadly eyeing my boyfriend and Skylar.

We took our seats, Tyler between me and her. But I was kinda feeling like a third wheel.

They both were constantly talking, everyone else somewhere in some conversation, I felt secluded.

"Uh... excuse me ... I'll just quickly go to the restroom." I said and Tyler just smiled and nodded at me.

I walked inside the loo and leaned myself on the counter. Tears threatening to fall.

Never in my two months relationship with Tyler I felt so hurt.

She is a friend .... Just a friend... A very close friend.

I chanted in my head to calm myself when suddenly the door of the washroom burst open and in came Lohan.

"April, are you okay?" She asked.

I forced a smile and replied by nodding.

"Shit, you can't lie to save your life. I know Skylars presence is bothering you a lot. But you don't have to feel low. She is just Tyler's childhood friend. Sure, Skylar can be manipulative sometimes but trust your boy a little. He knows where he belongs. " she comforts.

"That helped indeed!" I smiled.

"Now, come on," she said and practically pushed me outside.

The whole dinner was still the same all the Tyler's time that should have been mine tonight was taken by Skylar.

And going back home was the only thought in my head. Hopefully, Tyler might sneak in to my room to make up.

"Are you okay?" Tyler asked from the drivers seat. Thankfully, we were now heading back home. Skylar was sitting in the back seat talking to someone on the phone.

"Yes," I said and looked out of the window to avoid his gaze.

"I won't be sneaking in tonight. Probably me and Skylar would catch up a bit. If you want you can join us!" He said and my heart clenched.

He really has no idea how everything is making me feel.

"I can't I am sorry; I am tired and I just want to sleep." I replied.

He nodded and after few minutes we reached home.

"Bye April!" Skylar said as she got out of the car and walked her way into Tyler's house with a smug look plastered on her face.

"Goodnight!" Tyler said as he leaned forward for a kiss.

But instead I pecked his cheek.

"Goodnight!" I said and walked away.

I just walked way sadly, all bothered by this unwanted - unexpected arrival.

************

What do you think would happen next ? Team April or team skylar ?
Comment below and click on the star if you liked this chapter.

Thank you.