VII.Weakness.

"Get up April! It's time for school." Mom called.

Hearing my mom's voice I quickly got up and did my morning business before running downstairs, Jerry following behind.

Mom was in front of the kitchen counter, her back towards me, cooking breakfast.

So I just hugged her from behind. I know it's only been two days but I missed her so much.

"Mommy! You are back!" I exclaimed like a child.

"Yeah, sweetie mommy is back. " she laughs as I take a stool by the counter and sit-down picking Jerry from the floor who was also demanding attention from both of us by licking our feet.

"Do you know Mumma, Jerry too missed his nanny! " I continued.

"Nanny missed Jerry too! But now stop with this childish tone and tell me how you spend your weekend?" She says swatting my head playfully in the process.

I giggle and tell her how I went on a movie with my friends and spent yesterday doing nothing.

I omitted the Tyler part though.

Hey, because its not important.

"Good then, I am relieved that I don't have to worry about you bringing boys to home in my absence. " she chuckled.

" You know me mom, that is not going to happen." I roll my eyes.

"So, you must be knowing that someone shifted there." She pointed to the neighborhood house.

I nod as a frown takes my features.

"I talked to the lady today morning while I was coming. She seemed pretty good! Her name is Anna Callahan. " she said and I nodded for her to continue.

"So we have made lunch plans to get to know each other more. We will be home by night. And that's why I have promised her that you would baby sit her daughter Lilly, while we are out. " she finished.

I am happy that my mom is making some friends but why do I have to babysit her daughter when she has her badass brother?

"I cant... " I started refusing but mom cut me off.

"I won't take no for an answer." She orders.

"Okay, fine!" I sigh. It's going to be long day.

********

Sitting in my English class, I am thinking about all the possible scenarios that can happen when I go to Callahan's house today.

He may or may not be home but still it doesn't stop me from wondering.

"Ms. Hayden ... are you listening? " Mrs. Scott my English teacher waves her hand in front of my face.

I quickly get up. I don't know since how long she was talking to me as my mind is filled with certainly someone with blue eyes.

I just shook my head in embarrassment.

"I am sorry ma'am! " I mutter.

"Pay attention Ms. Hayden! You don't want detention. Do you?" She scolds.

I just nod and sit down.

Just then bell rings signaling lunch break. I gather my books and bag and make my way to the cafeteria.

Me and my friends all meet at our fixed table.

"So, what's up with you today? " Noah asks.

"Yeah you seem off!" Lexi joins.

I sigh in frustration. I think I am giving this too much attention.

"It's nothing." I say.

"Oh, c'mon just spit it out. " Joe chimes in.