Chapter XIV

Eleanora got the job.

She had come home overwhelmed with excitement and Apollyon was the very first one to hear about it. Eleanora was so happy that day that she was all smiles, and Apollyon found that adorable. He had spend the initial three days with Eleanora, just to give her peace of mind that he was fine and over the critical time period.

After the third day he went back to living in his own apartment. He even started going back to school. Very surprisingly, he was taking the no-Angel-Grace change very calmly, almost as if though he were enjoying it. Eleanora had asked him how he felt about that, and he told her that 'what has happened, had happened and can't be changed'. He was very content with living like a human.

On most nights, Apollyon has nightmares of the day he lost his grace, and they would shake him up greatly. He could seek comfort with Eleanora, but since it would be late at that time, he mostly ended up waking her for her to open the door to allow him entrance. To prevent being extremely sleep deprived she gave him a spare key to her apartment.

Now whenever he has a nightmare, he simply comes into her apartment and falls asleep while cuddling next to her. They both were very content with that arrangement and their general day was very flexible for the both of them. Eleanora worked at the hospital from 3-9 after school gets off at 2. Apollyon generally takes her out for lunch before he drops her at the hospital. The time she spends working, Apollyon spends it with Mrs. Scott.

Mrs. Scott was very sweet to him and he generally spent time with her if he wasn't with Eleanora. He went over to her residence after school and did his homework there. Mrs. Scott was sweet enough to treat him like a son, helping him and giving him cookies and milk, she even taught him how to cook and bake.

Apollyon loved that time of the day, when he would go home to her and learn all sort of new dishes which he'd make in the same night for Eleanora. He missed her during that time, when he was learning how to be human, and he was happy. After millenniums, he was finally happy with what he had.

Eleanora and him had devised a system, in which she was in charge of breakfast and ensuring that they reached school in time, while they went out for lunch and then Apollyon would make dinner for the both of them after her long day at work. They would generally part ways after dinner, heading off to their respective apartments for a good night's rest, but they always end up sleeping together in Eleanora's apartment.

Currently, Apollyon stood in front of the stove with Mrs. Scott as she was teaching him how to boil pasta.

"Okay, now you see that the water is boiling, right." She started while gesturing to the bubbling surface of the liquid.

"Yeah, so now what?" He inquired with his sleeves rolled back.

"Now, take a handful of the pasta beside you." She instructed as he did as told, "Now drop it in the water." Gently, he lowered the raw pasta into the water, watching it soften bit by bit.

"Good. Now, let's work on the tomato sauce while they cook, shall we?"

"Alright." Apollyon smiled as he opened the tomato sauce can. He worked as Mrs. Scott instructed him like a mentor.

"You know, Elliot was never very interested in cooking." Mrs. Scott informed ruefully as she smiled at the teen beside her. "Shame, because I enjoy teaching. Did you know, Eleanora learned how to cook from me?"

"I didn't." Apollyon informed with slight surprise. "No wonder why her cooking is so good, it's all thanks to you."

Mrs. Scott flushed lightly at the compliment as she watched him stir the sauce. "How are you two?"