Chapter XI

A sudden cold chill rushed over Eleanora as Gabriel put a hand on her shoulder. The blue sky and green grass sudden changed into a stale grey triangular box which was vacant of any living presence of any furniture, the air smelling like mould and wet earth. Breaking away from Gabe's hold she walked forward a step before taking a 360 turn.

"Gabe, where are we?" Eleanora inquired softly as she held the leather jacket closer to her chest.

"At an abandoned safe house." Gabriel informed as he ran his finger over the blade of his sword.

"Why are we here?"

"For your safety." Gabriel informed seriously. "I made a promise to Lucifer that I'd keep you as far away from the fight as possible."

"What?!" Eleanora exclaimed. "What happens to Apollyon?! Take me to him!" She demanded while vigorously shaking his shoulders.

"Take me to him! Or I swear I will cut you." She threatened while holding the blade under his chin. He simply chuckled at her before grasping the blade in his hands, and twisting it out of her grasp.

"Did you actually think we'd give you a real Angel Blade when we knew that you might do something like this when you found out the truth that your 'Apollyon' is out there on a suicide mission in order to let you live?" Gabriel growled. "We aren't stupid, Eleanora."

"And I'm sorry it has to come to this, but I am just following my brother's dying wish." Gabriel spoke softly before snapping his fingers which resulted in her being tied down to a chair with a gag in her mouth as she spoke muffled sentences through the cloth, most obviously profanities at him for doing this. Gabriel sighed as he walked a few steps away from her and looked up at the ceiling in exasperation.

"Why must it always come down to one of us dying, Father?" Gabriel whispered softly at the ceiling. "Why?"

***

Apollyon walked through a rickety gate that allowed entrance to a deserted park that was at the outskirts of town. He knew that Michael was close, because he could feel him, and he was coming alone. He stood at the center of the park waiting for his brother's arrival as he held his Angel blade in one hand and fished out his phone from his pocket with the other. Clicking at the screen, he opened up a picture of Eleanora having her arm around Apollyon's shoulder, their heads pressed together as she was teaching him how to take a selfie.

Smiling down at the picture, he ran his thumb over Eleanora's face.

He never could have imagined someone giving away their soul to be his friend, but that white haired girl proved him wrong. She was always so patient with him and his incessant questioning and overly curious mind. She cared for him, and he never even got to tell her that he cared for her just as much as she did. He was not good at portraying his feelings, but he knew that he wanted her to be happy and live a long life like she is supposed to, with or without him. He'd miss her, but he was glad for the time he had spent with her.

Putting his phone away, he held the blade firmly in his hand as the wind picked up and a figure materialised in front of him. A man who looked to be in his mid-twenties with dark brown hair and corresponding eyes stood in front of him in a dark suit.

"Hello, Michael." Apollyon curtly greeted the man in front of him.

"Lucifer." Michael nodded in response. "You understand why I am doing this, don't you, brother?"

"All I understand is that you are a spineless soldier, who is thriving on orders, with no mind of his own to make the decisions for him." Lucifer stated as he continued to play with the edge of the blade. Looking up from the task at hand, showing his brother his black and red eyes, a sign of power associated with the devil. "So Michael, yes I understand that you'd rather kill your own brother than go against orders."