Chapter X

Apollyon and Eleanora sat in their class, generally they would have been seated together, but today the teacher had Apollyon seated next to someone else, because she knew that he didn't focus when he sat next to Eleanora, since he spent too much of his time and focus on disturbing her.

He sat next to a guy who was also lazing around in his seat, dazing off into space. Getting bored of sitting next to the guy, Apollyon took out his phone, and pressed Eleanora's contact. Suddenly the sound of an air raid siren blared through the entire classroom as the students screamed in fright ducking under their tables.

"It's okay! It's okay!" Eleanora yelled once the siren suddenly stopped. "It's just my phone, and Apollyon don't call me when I am right here!"

"Is that your ring tone?" The guy next to Apollyon questioned incredulously once they all started to get out from beneath their tables.

"Just for him." Eleanora sighed as she glanced down at the device in her hand.

"Why do you have a different ring tone for me?" Apollyon asked in confusion.

"Because, Apollyon. You call me at the most inconvenient of times, like when I am sleeping, and I kept that as my ring tone for you, so that I can wake up and attend your call." Eleanora sighed as she started to gather her things. "You see, whenever you call, it is mostly 3 am in the morning, and I am generally asleep by 12, so I have that as a wake up alarm so that I can attend your call and attend to whatever worries or quarries you might have. Is hat too hard to wrap your head around?"

A smile sported on her lips as the bell rung. Grabbing her back, she walked out of the class as everyone else stared at her with open mouths. She stopped in the doorway looking at Apollyon with an amused smile.

"Aren't you coming?" She questioned. "We have to get to our next class."

Coming out of his stupor, he got up from his place, and grabbed hold of his bag before following after her. He jogged to catch up with her as she stopped at her locker.

"You seem to be in a good mood." He spoke cautiously. "Why?"

"Can't I be in a good mood?" She asked with a slight giggle in her voice.

"You don't giggle."

"I can, it's just that I should be more happier around you just so that you get infected."

"Don't make me read your mind."

"Okay! Okay!" She relented with a joyous laugh. "I have an interview at a hospital for an internship!"

"And you are excited because...?"

"Because I finally get a kick start on my life long dream!" She squealed in excitement before jumping up and down and hugging him. Apollyon as caught off guard by the sudden hug as he stood awkwardly for a moment before hugging her back, his chin rested on her head.

"Eleanora!" A voice called out from the middle of the crowd as Eleanora pulled away from Apollyon, tensing when she saw Jennifer approach them.

"Apollyon." Eleanora hissed at the guy standing next to her. "Hide before she sees you!"

"It's okay." He assured as he leaned against the locker behind him while watching Jennifer approach them. She went over to Eleanora, hugging her tightly in greeting before noticing Apollyon standing next to her.

"Hi." She greeted him as he gave a curt nod in response. "Whose this?" She whispered into Eleanora's ear who looked at her with astonishment.

"I'm Apollyon Masters, a close friend of Eleanora's." He introduced with a two finger solute.