Chapter IX

Eleanora laughed at something Jennifer had told her as they both walked the short distance from the bus stop to Eleanora's apartment. Today, the two decided to hang out together at her apartment since Jennifer's sister told her not to bring any guest over since she needed the apartment clean.

"So," Eleanora inquired as she unlocked the front door of her apartment. "Are you hungry? Because I'm starved."

"I guess I could do with something to eat." Jennifer laughed as they both dropped their bags onto the floor, and made their way towards her kitchen.

Jennifer sat down at the table, while Eleanora crouched in front of the fridge, rummaging through the contents, stating the ingredients and what they could make with them. At some of the suggestion, Jennifer simply crinkled her nose and shook her head before suggesting something else. Eventually they both just settled on homemade burgers as Eleanora took out the ingredients while Jennifer cut the vegetables.

"Hi, Apollyon." Eleanora spoke up out of the blue as Jennifer looked at her in confusion as the white-haired girl hadn't looked up from frying the meat. "I was making you a burger."

"Yum." A masculine voice called from behind Jennifer, causing her to shriek and jump back in surprise. Turning around, she faced an extremely tall guy who was looking at her with a raised eyebrow. One look at the guy, and Jennifer's face grew pale as her mouth fell open, her heart sinking to her feet.

"Are you alright?" Eleanora inquired as she noticed the expression on Jennifer's face. Sudden tears pooled up in her eyes as she continued to look at Apollyon as if though she were seeing a ghost.

"Anthony?" Jennifer whispered hoarsely. "Anthony, is it really you?"

**

"Oh, my God." She sobbed before leaping forward and wrapping her arms around the 6'3 Devil that stood uncomfortably stiff. He looked towards Eleanora for assistance as she looked like a revelation had come to her.

Anthony Brown, is Apollyon's vessel. And her friend, Jennifer Brown. Both of them have the same surname, Jenny seemed to recognize 'Anthony', and this only meant that the vessel and Jennifer know each other.

"Look, here..." Apollyon trailed uncomfortably as he pulled away from her. "I am not 'Anthony'. My name is Apollyon Masters, and I'm from Sydney, Australia."

"Nonsense!" Jennifer exclaimed. "You're Anthony Brown! My elder brother who was in a comma for three years after an accident!"

"I don't know what you're talking about." He spoke slowly and cautiously as he made his way around her and stood next to Eleanora who was still trying to wrap her head around the fact that the Devil's 'supposed' dead vessel is her friend's brother.

"No! Anthony! Don't you remember? We have an elder sister, Sasha! When you were 14 you went for a drive with dad, and you guys got into an accident. You went into a coma and dad was fine, but mom and dad got a divorce soon after. You were in a coma for three years before they decided to take you off the life support, but when the doctors went inside to remove you from the life support you weren't there anymore."

"According to the video footage, you woke up and removed every machinery before some glitch caused us to miss what happened after, but you were gone!" Jennifer exclaimed. "You have been missing for about 3 months and the police is searching for you! Oh, how overjoyed mom and dad would be to know that you are aliv-"

"Jennifer!" Apollyon exclaimed, interjecting her sentence. "I get that you miss your brother and that the loss must hit you hard. But my name is Apollyon Masters, son to Christo Masters and Jane Fosters. I have an elder brother named Micheal and two younger brothers named Raphael and Gabriel. I never had any sisters and I was born and lived in Sydney, Australia most of my life. I. Am. Not. Anthony."