Chapter VIII

After four days of working non-stop on Apollyon's apartment, it was finally set. It looked good, and colorful. The Devil had argued with Eleanora that he wanted dark hues, but Eleanora insisted that he needed some colors in his forever-ly eternal life. They both had quite literally stood in the middle of the paint aisle, bickering like an old married couple over contradictory views.

In the end, Eleanora promised that if he allowed her to decorate his apartment, then she can make him see the night sky from his bedroom ceiling. Intrigued by the preposition, he inquired how she could manage such a feat, as she smiled back at him, and told him to promise her that she could decorate his apartment. In the end, he agreed because the incentive of his love for the night sky overpowered his stubborn will.

Now, Eleanora was teaching him how to keep his apartment clean before the furniture arrived. She handed him the broom, telling him to sweep the floor while she ensured that the furniture could come in. While he worked, she snuck into his bedroom because she had a surprise for him there. Eleanora kept her promise about the star sky on his ceiling as she looked up at it. Smiling to herself, she folded and hanged the remainder of his new clothing articles into his wardrobe.

The doorbell ringing drew her out of the room. Firmly closing the door behind her she made her way over to Apollyon who placed the cleaning utensils away. Walking over to the door, she opened it to find a few men standing in front of her.

"Mr. Masters lives here?" The man in the front inquired while looking down at the clipboard that he held. "We have all the furniture that he ordered."

"Yes, please come in." She urged in response as they all pooled in, some of them holding furniture as more men were bringing other upholstery upstairs. At the end of a few hours, his apartment was set with the furniture, cleaned, and decorated as well.

His lounge had white walls with one of them covered with a bookshelf that housed books and decoration articles. His sofa was a light gray as they had multicolored throw pillows on top, a light yellow rug beneath the coffee table that rested in front of the couch and pictures hung over the couch.

There was an entrance on the wall opposite the couch that led to the kitchen and dining room

There was an entrance on the wall opposite the couch that led to the kitchen and dining room. The theme of the kitchen was white as it had all the electronics that were required for cooking. The fridge was stocked with all sorts of edibles and cutlery and utensils resided in the over head cupboards and drawers. The dining table-which Apollyon wanted black-was a square wooden table with a checked blue table cloth and light blue wooden chairs. A vase of pink carnations residing on top of it.