⚜13⚜

"What did you do." The ringleader growled, obviously outraged. Reason? Mika had blue eyes. Not red. So, being the smart ass I was, I spoke my mind for Mika's sake.

"You see, ringleader. When a vampire exists, they thrive off of blood. Apparently you never got that memo, or cared very little about him living. So, the hunger caused a reaction I'm guessing," I said, clapping my hands together. "Changed his eye color. That must've been the best day of your life, huh? Getting a new act at the expense of a child's wellbeing." I raised my brows, a smirk across my lips, which remained even once the cane hit my face.
"Okay, is it just me or have you gotten sassier as of yesterday?" Asuramaru commented, eating up the entertainment. "Are you getting smart with me?" He seethed.
"Yes, actually. Intelligence may be something we differ in as well."
Ferid snorted at my remark. He enjoyed me speaking to him the way I was. I didn't like Ferid, but we seemed to agree on something.

Another strike.
"Although, if I managed to figure out that he was going to die from it due to the fact that vampires are renowned in media, it astonishes me how you have managed to experiment on us. Don't you think that's strange? Not doing proper research on those you torment is horribly foolish."

"You didn't have to sass him that much, you know." Mika sighed, shaking his head as he slapped another band aid on me, exasperated at the shit eating grin I couldn't hold back nor wanted to. He had one injury, which had healed by the time we were back. Asuramaru explained to me that he wasn't healing back then due to not drinking blood basically slowing down his system. "I'm surprised you didn't lose a tooth. Haven't seen the bastard that mad since Lola got stuck in the roofing of a performance center." Colette laughed from outside the bathroom.

"Those were some dark times, man." I heard her quietly say.
"I was the one who had to use my strings to get you down and took the impact of your fall. You have nothing to complain about, Lola." Ferid snapped. I saw Mika roll his eyes in front of me. I was balanced upon the sink, him accessing supplies behind me. There was a slight chance I was staring at him the entire time as he focused on my injuries with a pensive expression, brows knitted together. Okay, I lied. His eyes occasionally narrowed further than they were if he found a small cut, shaking his head. "You need to stop defending me." He muttered to himself.
"Can't really do that. In too deep now." I shrugged nonchalantly. "No, you still have a chance to get out." He muttered, the hand resting on my shoulder shifting slightly as his thumb rubbed against my neck.
"I just don't know if I have the same room to make that decision as well."

I had a feeling he wasn't talking about shutting my mouth around the ringleader.

It may sound ridiculous, but when we returned to his bunk to continue watching our show, he seemed far more relaxed. More comfortable with how close he was to me.
"The things we do for entertainment." He muttered into the crook of my neck, essentially cuddling me like a very large teddy bear. "Damn, I knew I should've broken in those heels."
"Blisters?" Lola asked.
"Yeah." Colette sighed.
"Hello Kitty to the rescue!" She cheered. I learned Ferid was the one who got them, and continued to do so purely to spite
Colette and Mika. Pretty entertaining to see them curse the cat mascot into the innermost circle of hell in both English and French. Learned most of the things they shout in the latter language are profanities last week when Mika stubbed his toe, and called our bunk a bastard child. After son of a bitch, of course.

I didn't remember falling asleep. But I woke up groggily, although something I never thought I would hear entered my ears, halting the movement of sitting up. A quiet voice singing above me, gentle hand in my hair. The voice was not feminine, but definitely soothing. It took a moment before the words being sung to me stood out, and the person singing clicked in my mind through the beautiful melody.
I couldn't tell what he was singing, but Mika trailed off after verse. "hmph." He puffed, twirling a lock of my hair contemplatively for a brief moment as he switched to a hum, although I did hear what must have been words within them. It confused me as to why he cut them away.

Wait, he's singing in Russian.

I didn't know he could do that.
'Bayushki-Bayu' was the only words I could clearly hear. He hummed once more, glancing down to me.
I faked being asleep, purely to hear the rest of the song. For now, I wasn't going to question one, the fact he knows a Russian lullaby, and two, the fact that damn, this man can sing. It was then that I remembered something he said about everyone in Cirque Tristesse having strange talents. Lola could rap, Colette can paint, and Mika.. He can sing. Three town, two to go, I guess. Asuramaru didn't speak, but if he did, he would comment about how my talent was getting beat for having a mouth.

I appreciated his silence in that moment.

Sadly, I had fallen back to the abyss of sleep before Mika had finished singing. I wasn't disappointed. I knew it would happen. Although the waking up process was really entertaining. Except for the fact he somehow ended up halfway beneath me, and I was on my stomach. How does Mika look better than me when he's asleep.
It's not fair.
Hot bastard.

Of course the peace went directly to hell once he woke up. Proceeded to insult everyone and thing that existed in the world as he attempted to get to the bathroom.

Then, when he was fully awake, got into an actual fight with Ferid. I have no idea what the context was or why, but Mika handed his ass to him. Lola was fiercely cheering for both sides, Colette shouting 'don't throw each other into my murals!', and Asuramaru commentary shouted in my thoughts.

Life was bizarre now.

Can't say I completely hate it.

"Okay, so you tell me Mika's next to you and you don't give him the phone? I want to talk to that blond nerd." My mom snapped. "Such a loving mother, wanting to speak to my best friend instead of me. How cruel." I jokingly commented, tossing the phone to Mika. He then spent the next ten minutes talking to her. If you wanted to know what the first thing my mom said, it was 'God, you sound attractive. Weird thing to say, probably. Eh, Yuu's probably said worse. Hopefully.'
I haven't. No coming back from that, mom.
At least he took it easily, probably glad to talk to someone besides me who he was close to. He asked how she was doing, which I automatically figured out was nodding towards living on her own. She never had too much trouble, but it was hard. Living on her own and raising me. She never went to desperate lengths, purely to remain a pristine role-model for me, while also saying that she can and will kill anyone who hurts me.
God, wait until she hears about the Ringleader.

Never got the chance to, for she said goodbye to me after speaking with Mika and hung up. He casually carried out his routine, not telling me a word of the conversation.

"You look ridiculous wearing those hello kitty band aids." Mika commented. I struck a pose. "But I make it work, Shindo." He rolled his eyes, arms folded. "You can make anything work. I'm saying you look out of place with pink bandages on your nose and cheeks. " He poked a bare part of my cheek before walking to Colette.
I thought, damn, Mika could be a supermodel.
But I felt the position he was in right now would have been better in comparison to that job.

No idea why.

But hey, either way, we would end up meeting again somehow.

Might even say it was destiny that our fates intertwined in the way it did.

Yeah... Destiny's a good word for summarizing my experience so far.

But my journey's just begun.