Chapter Twenty-Six - Tough Calls and Torture

Hello all.

I'm writing this on the bus because I'm still not home yet even though school ended an hour ago.

I put a Hamilton reference in this chapter so see if you can find it~ This is a really long chapter whoops.

Warnings: violence, all in all a very sad chapter

Feel free to comment your comments questions and concerns below!

-------------------------------------------------------

Thomas's POV
January 16, 7:24 am

Thomas maneuvered to geometry class, his head elsewhere. He had texted and video-chatted with May yesterday and Saturday, but she never responded. Maybe she was avoiding him. Maybe she lied when she told him she had a good time on their date.

But that couldn't be true. She kissed him. Maybe that's what she was regretting.

A familiar head of curly black hair appeared among the sea of students in front of him, and he ran to catch up. "Hey," Thomas greeted as he placed a hand on Catherine's shoulder. "Have you heard from May at all since Friday?"

Catherine shook her head. "No. I texted her Saturday morning, but she never responded."

"Hey guys," Bisma said as she came up next to Thomas and Catherine. "What are we talking about?"

"Thomas is freaking out because he hasn't heard from May since their date," Catherine summarized and wiggled her eyebrows.

Bisma gave him a sympathetic look. "Did the date not go well?"

Thomas shook his head. "It went amazing. She just hasn't responded to anything me or Catherine have sent her since the date."

"Now that you say it, I haven't heard from her since Friday either."

Thomas was starting to get worried. "Guys, what if something happened to her?"

Catherine and Bisma both chuckled, then looped their fingers together. "Thomas, slow down. Maybe she's sick, or she broke her phone."

Thomas shook his head. "Something doesn't seem right. If we don't hear from her by two o'clock, I'm going to her house to find out where she is."

"We'll come with you," Bisma said. "Wait, do you even know where May lives?"

"No, but the principal keeps a record of each student's information."

"Thomas, you can't be serious," Catherine said.

"I don't know how to explain it. I just feel like something's wrong—really wrong. I think May might be in danger."

At that, Catherine and Bisma turned their heads toward Thomas, then glanced at each other. "Okay," Bisma finally said.

Castiel's POV
January 16, 7:54 am

No one had slept more than three hours ever since May was taken. They still didn't know where the gate to heaven was. The group of four sat in the library. Sam was half-asleep, his laptop open in front of him; Eileen was asleep in an armchair; Dean had just fallen asleep at the table minutes ago; and Cas sat at the table, flipping through an old lore book.

"I found it," Sam muttered and sat up. "I found it." He said it louder. "I found the gate!"

Dean and Cas's heads shot up. "Tell me I wasn't dreaming just then," Dean said. "You found the gate?"