Chapter Twenty-One - Christmas and Crisis

Hello all.

I got my schedule on Wednesday and I'm so screwed my classes are all over the place.

This chapter is flippin cute I love it.

Warnings: none I don't think

Feel free to comment your comments, questions, and concerns below!

-------------------------------------------------------

Bisma's POV
December 16, 2:02 pm

Bye!

Bye! Bisma and Thomas waved in unison as May jogged down the steps to the parking lot, where her fathers waited. Next to Bisma, Thomas let out a sigh.

"What was that sigh for?" Bisma asked.

"Nothing," Thomas responded.

"'Nothing' my ass. What's wrong?"

"It was a happy sigh!"

"Why haven't you asked May out yet? You both obviously like each other."

"I don't know if she likes me. You don't get what it's like to not be sure if someone likes you back—"

"Oh, I don't?"

Thomas went silent. "I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking."

"I've had a crush on Catherine ever since we were in fifth grade, and she's straight."

"I know, Bisma. I'm sorry."

Bisma sighed. "It's alright. Just ASK MAY OUT ALREADY."

Thomas winced. "Okay, okay, I'm going to ask her out when we get together after Christmas."

May's POV
December 17, 11:58 am

May and Eileen were Christmas shopping at the mall. Okay, so we have gifts for everyone, and we need to get decorations because we don't have any at the house, Eileen signed. Do you want to get lunch first?

Yes. I'm starving.

The food court—in fact, the whole mall—was crowded. May almost lost sight of Eileen a couple times. Finally, they got their lunch (Burger King) and found a table. So, Eileen began, talk to anyone cute lately?

May blushed. Did Dad and Papa tell you about Thomas?

No! Who's he? Is he your boyfriend?

We're just friends.

But?

That's it.

Eileen shook her head, grinning. I don't believe you.

Okay, okay, I like him, and he likes me, but I don't think it'll... be a thing.

Why not?

We're both too shy to do anything.

Eileen glanced down at her phone sitting on the table. It had just vibrated with a text message. It's your dad, she told May. Her happy expression dropped momentarily, May noticed, and was replaced with panic. She looked back up and smiled. I just remembered that there are Christmas decorations in the basement. Why don't we head home?

This was not good. Is something wrong? May asked.

No, nothing's wrong, honey. Something was definitely wrong. It was written all over Eileen's face. Eileen rushed May into her coat and out to the parking lot, nearly leaving all of their shopping bags behind.