Chapter Thirty Eight

*NIALL'S POV*

She's hiding something from me, she might think that she is doing amazing at hiding it, but I can read her like an open book. I just need to find out what's she hiding.

I took Nicole's hand and led her out of Martha's hospital room and down to the reception.
"Hello, I want my girlfriend to be checked out, she has been severely beaten and her stomach is black." I demanded at the receptionist in front of me. Her eyes widened in shock and immediately she scurried away in search of a doctor.
"You didn't have to be so harsh Niall." Nicole scolded me as I pulled her close to my body.
"She wouldn't have listened to me if I was being polite." I smirked. Nicole just rolled her eyes in return and looked over her shoulder to see the receptionist returning with a doctor in tow.
"What seems to be the problem?" He asked. I gave him a stern look and explained the problem.
"Ah, I see. come right this way."

*NORMAL POV*
*Nicole*

We followed Dr Hopkins; I found out his name from his name tag, down many hallways until we reached his office which he ushered us both into. There were 2 seats opposite Dr. Hopkins' desk, however I opted to sit on Niall's lap, and he didn't mind.
"So, Ms Anderson. May I check your stomach?" He asked as he collected a pair or rubber gloves from his draw. I went to stand but Niall seemed reluctant to let me go.
"It's fine Niall." I pleaded at him, he gazed into my eyes and slowly unwrapped his arms from around my waist.
"If you'd like to take off your top and lay down on the bed, I can check you out." Dr.Hopkins asked as he walked over to me, I was about to argue when Niall stood protectively in front of me.
"She's not taking anything off." He growled at the over aged man. He nodded and guided me over to the bed. Niall wouldn't let my t-shirt be pushed any higher than under my bra and I thanked him for that.

After a while of poking and prodding, Dr.Hopkins took off his gloves and stood in front of us.
"You have minor bruising on your stomach and a cracked rib. There is nothing we can do except give you some antibiotics to help with the pain and tell you to have plenty of rest." I nodded my head and Niall shook his hand before we left his room and walked back to Martha's.

*HARRY'S POV*

I walked up the rickety stairs to my gym and sighed. I really hate this place, and so does Niall, but were forced to come here and fight; box, so that it looks like we have a proper job rather than dealing drugs. I dropped my gym bag on the floor in front of the ring and decided to do some warm ups.

-4 hours later-

I dropped to the floor in defeat. Fuck, I'm exhausted. I grabbed my bag from the floor and walked outside to my car. I really hope Martha is ok. I began to panic, what if she was craving? what if she fell over? what is she's in pain? I shook my head clear of those thoughts and checked my phone. 4 missed calls from Martha, 2 missed calls from Niall, 3 messages and 2 voicemails. What the fuck?! I opened the first voicemail and it was just Martha talking until I heard her scream; "AGHHHH FUCKKKKKK!" I turned on the engine as fast as I could and started to drive like a maniac down the street. I heard a beep and the second voicemail started.
"Harry, it's Nicole. Something's wrong with Martha. Niall and I are taking her to the war memorial hospital now. Please hurry Harry, I'm scared." The message ended. Something is wrong with my girlfriend and now I'm never going to leave her side again.