“When?”

“Exactly!” I threw my hands in the air. “You don’t even know when. Where did you even go? I was trying to find you but you legit left me.”

“I didn’t leave you! I went to the bathroom.”

I scrunched my face up together. “How did you got to the bathroom? We weren’t at a house party!”

She froze, closing her mouth before blushing and looking down, embarrassed. “Well, you see.. I..”

“Oh God, Carly.. What did you do?” I could only imagine all the possible different scenarios. “You didn’t go to some guys house, did you?”

“What? Ew no!” She vigorously shook her head.

“Then where did you go?” I furrowed my eyebrows together.

“I, well.. You see, I really had to go to the bathroom, and like you said there wasn’t any around so I kinda went into the woods and well, peed.” She looked away.

My mouth fell open in shock.

“Carly!” I shrieked.

“What?” She shyly avoided my gaze.

“That’s disgusting!” I shouted. “That’s worse than going to a guys house! I would have rather you go to some strangers place than the freaking woods!”

“Sh! Can you not yell? Your brothers upstairs!” She snapped at me.

“I don’t care! You don’t know who could have seen you or what kind of creature could have been there.” I shook my head at her stupidity.

I mean, Carly wasn’t always the brightest in the bunch but, damn, I didn’t think she was that stupid.

“I know, but, I was drank a lot and really had to pee..” She looked away from me again.

I sighed. “You’re crazy, you know that?”

“But you love me, right?” She batted her eyelashes, giving me a “cute” look.

I laughed. “I’m just glad nothing happened to you.” I thought back to when I found Justin and his crew in the woods, my stomach churned.

“What about you?” Carly tucked a foot under her ass, turning to fully face me now.

“What about me?”

“Where did you go? I was looking for you everywhere after and couldn’t find you.”

“I..” I paused. I couldn’t exactly tell her about Justin and what I saw. I promised I wouldn’t say anything and well, I didn’t want to die. “I went home. I mean, it was getting late and I thought you left so I did.” I mindlessly shrugged.

I hated lying to her (or to anyone) for that matter. But this had a good reason behind it and was totally worth lying about.

“Sorry.” She gave me a meaningful look.

I smiled. Carly was always the softy. Even though she put up a tough exterior, she hated upsetting people. Not that she really upsetted me or anything.

“It’s okay.” I waved my hand at her dismissively.

Kelsey was just about to say something else when someone began talking first, interrupting her.

“Kelsey?” I snapped my head up to see that my mom was standing in the doorway of the front entrance.

“Oh, hey Mrs. Anderson.” Carly politely smiled, waving at her.