Let's Get Out Of Here

TRIGGER WARNING FOR: Death, unhealthy grieving, and lots of crying

I woke up, light peeking into my window and I was cold as I don't have Jack to cuddle with like I usually do.

I look at my phone seeing it was 6:32. I got up and dressed knowing I wouldn't be able to head back to sleep. I went to go have breakfast, when I got out there my mom was sitting at the dinning table head in her hands.

"Mom?"

"Mark." She looked up. "Mark come sit down" I walked over to the table and sat down.

"What's going on?" I asked confused.

"Carter... Carter died this morning, around 1:30"

"Wha- What?"

"And Jack is not-" I got up, opened the door, and ran to the hospital not stopping for breaks. I went into the doors quickly seeing Jack just sitting on a chair looking lost, his eyes blotchy.

"Jack."

He looked at me.

"Mark." he stood up and gave me a hug. "Help." He whimpered into my shoulder as he started crying again.

We just stood there for what seemed like forever. I pulled away cupped his face with my hands and wiped his tears.

"Jack, please, listen. It will get better" I whispered.

"I- I need to go to the bathroom, I'll be back." He told me and left.

"Okay." I said. I looked at the chair Jack was sitting at and I saw that his phone was sitting there. I picked it up and unlocked it, his iPhone 6 had my finger print in it, and he told me his password.

I found Sonja's contact and called her.

"Hello!" She ringed happily into the phone.

"Hey, this is Mark."

"Mark, why are you calling on Jack's phone?"

"He's in the bathroom at the moment. I have some news that I thought I should tell you."

"Okay."

"Carter died last night."

I heard a gasp. "Really? Oh that poor baby, how is Jack?"

"He's a mess, he's coming. I'm going to go, but could you tell the others? I don't want them to be mad when he doesn't answer anyone's calls or texts"

"Yes, of course I will." I ended the call.

"Why are you on my phone?"

"Where is your mom?" I asked, quickly changing the question.

"At ... Home, could you give me my phone?"

"Nope. It's confiscated."

"Ugh, fine."

"Hey uh remember yesterday when you, your mom and the doctor were talking, well I told her we are dating." I told not daring to say her name as he might start crying again but wanted to sorta lighten the mood.

"Really?"

"Yeah, Jack."

"That last thing I did was kiss her forehead before going to sleep."

"Aw."

"Hey Mark if you don't mind I need some time alone, I'm going to go on a walk, could you go get her drawings they should be in her room" he told weakly. We then split ways.