Visit

(Actually I was going to say sorry about a certain thing but just sorry in general)

(It's been four days since Purge)

Once we got to the hospital I looked at my mom and exclaimed "I'm so glad that you gotta day off today!"

"I am too." she replied. I looked up at the desk and saw that James wasn't there. We quickly headed to her room. Mark and I giggle from memories of being here last time.

We walked into her room. She looked skinnier and was watching T.V. I looked around and saw the monitor thing that beeped and a couple other medical equipments.

"Hey, Carter." I softly greeted.

"Hi Jack and Mark." she happily spoke.

"How ya' doing?" Mark asked.

"I'm fine, sorta bored." She said.

Dr. Alswald came in and asked me and Ma to talk with him outside of his room.

"As you can see she doesn't eat much nor does she ask to eat, she's lost her apatite and sleeps a lot." the Doctor explained.

"Okay, will she get any worse?" I asked concerned.

"She is getting worse every minute and it's a bigger problem then we thought it initially was." He replied.

"But she will get better, right?"

"Yes but it will take longer, a lot longer." He responded.

"Does she still draw?" I asked for my final question.

"That's the only thing she does when she is awake, and watching tv." He told me.

"Is that all you wanted to tell us?" Ma asked.

"Yes. I just had to update you guys what her condition is like." He responded.

Ma and I went back into the room seeing Carter with the biggest smile.
"What are you two talking about?" Ma questioned, with a smile on her face.

"Oh, nothing." Carter giggled.

I walked over to Carter and gave her a hug "Love you, bean." I whispered to her.

"Love ya', Jack." She whispered back.

We sat and talked to her for awhile, she showed us some of her drawings. They still amaze me on how good they are for her only being 8 while I can only can draw stick figures.

Finally, she got tired. I checked my phone and realized that it was 5:47 P.M. We let her sleep and went down to the waiting room where cluster fuck five were.

"How's your sister doing?" Jordan asked.

"Worse." I told him.

"Aww, that's too bad." Sonja said looking down.

"Oh. Ma, this is Jordan, Sonja, Tucker, Tom, and James." I explained, pointing to who owned the name when I said theirs.

They all waved.

"Nice to meet you all." She remarked.

"Ma, could I spend the night here?" I asked.

"It's fine with me, you just have to ask the doctor." She told me.

"James, could you get Dr. Alswald to come down here or just call him and ask?"

"On it."

"See, these guys are my servants." I joked to Ma.

"Hey. Jack wanted to know if he could stay the night in Carter's room." James said into the phone.

"I would rather die than be your servant." Tom retorted.

"Mmmh, okay, I'll tell him." James said as he put the phone down.

"So?"

"You can."

"Ma, what are you gonna do?" I asked her.

"I'm going to head home, Mark do you want a ride home?" she asked. He glared at me and I nodded.

"Yeah, sure." he replied. They left as I sat down.

"How ya' guys doing?" I asked.

"Eh, we're doing good." Tucker told me.

"We haven't done nothin' fun." Tom added. Everyone, besides James, got onto our phones. I just played Cookie Jam (the Facebook game) with nothing better to do.

About 4 hours later of us all talking and playing on our phones, I said good night to the others and headed up for an early bedtime.

Once I got to the room, I placed a kiss on Cater's forehead and I got comfortable in the hospital bed, quickly falling asleep. With my last thought being "today was a good day."

To anyone with death trigger, especially of a child or close loved one don't read on after this. It contains content that could be triggering.

All of a sudden, I woke up to the beepy monitor thing beeping quickly and Carter moving around a lot, spastically. I quickly got up and opened the door.

"HELP! HELP! SOMEONE, ... SOMETHINGS WRONG!" I yelled. Two nurses came running one went straight in while the other led me out of the room.

"What happened?" she asked.

"I-I I don't know the beeping woke me up and she was moving around a lot and tha-that's all I know."

"Get a doctor." the first one told the other. She nodded and quickly started walking towards the stairs.

I ran to the stairs and ran down them , the nurse behind me. She yelled for a doctor and when one came the doctor said to the person at the desk "Get all the information we have on her."

"Sir, do you know the girl?"

"Yes. She's my little sister, she's eight."

"Okay, do you know of any uh medical problems other then why she is in here for?"

"Yes, she has asthma."

"Okay, okay, it says that her emergency contact is just you mom, right?"

"Yes, our dad died in a car crash when I was young so we only have my mom."

"Okay, just go sit down." I went and sat down, I was panicking and I saw Dr. Alswald and a few more nurses go towards where the stairs are.

I've been through this before, once, and I know only one of two things can happen tonight.

I stood up all of a sudden myself, not controlling my body's actions, I started running up the stairs with all the adrenaline pumping threw my veins. One minute I was down stairs sitting and now I'm by her door asking what's happening trying to get in with the door open.

The monitor was beeping faster and faster as I was being held back and I was asking- no yelling what was happening and they wouldn't answer. The beeping was still getting faster till it just beeped for a long time and I went blacked out.

Hate me

Word Count: 1019