But It Had To End

I just stood there with his lips on mine. I couldn't move. I couldn't comprehend what was happening.

The sudden movement surprised me, not to mention I've been wanting to actually kiss him for awhile. But, it happen too sudden and it ended even faster.

He ran out of his room to escape what would happen next, which, I bet, he thought was rejection. I quickly walked out of the room and saw he left the door wide open.

"What happened to him?" Ms.Fischbach asked, looking at him run away from the house.

"Uh... I'll be right back." I said quickly, before running after him.

"M'kay." She mumbled before I broke off into a full on run towards where he ran off to. He didn't know I was following him or that I was catching up. I could tell he was getting tried so I knew he would stop soon.

Then, he ran to the left, but I stopped quietly. He knew his street and a couple others. I would lead most of the time if we would go anywhere, because of him being new to this side of the town. So I knew that he knew about the bench that was around the corner that he just turned.  I realized I was standing at a corner. Just standing there like an idiot. I had no idea what to say.

I just went around the corner. I hoped whatever would come out of my mouth would be helpful. I saw the bench, it had a good amount of space behind it that had more pavement.

I heard his heavy breaths as I walked quietly behind him. I had my arms  hanging off his shoulders and stood on my knees.

Before he could say anything or even look to see who it was, I whispered into his ear. "Well, goddamn, you kiss me then run out of the house with no time for me to process anything. You should be lucky I can run fast."

He said nothing and it was silent.

I then whispered asked, "Well are you going to ask me if I like you?"

He then whisper asked, I could barley hear him, "Do you like me?"

"You fookin' dick, of course I like you." I said to him, resting my head on the back of the bench.

It was silent.

Silence. I hate it so much, what could brake this silence? Uhhh... "BOOPER DOOPER!" I screamed the most random thing that was at the top of my head at the most inappropriate time.

Mark just turned his head and looked at me for the first time since before he ran out of the house. I looked back. His eye were brown, brown like shit but very beautiful shit... I think chocolate sounds better to describe his eyes then 'very beautiful shit'. He just looked into my eyes and just stared.

Cater was right. Eyes are interesting, the way they look is so hard to explain, but so beautiful.

"God I have a crush on a fucking goofball." I heard him mumble.

"You signed up." I said with a wink.

He looked down to his lap, closed his eyes, and shook his head. I realized I was still behind the bench, so I got up and sat next to him.

I wish he could have told me he liked me sooner. But I like this now.  I like the awkward, I guess. But now we get to see who has the balls to ask each other out.

"Sooooooo..." Mark said.

"What now?" I asked.

"Are we dating?" he asked.

"Well, Mr. Mirkiplir, would you and your slutty arse be my boyfriend?" I asked.

"Oh, harde har har. You're so funny. I hope you know that me and my slutty 'arse' would love to be your boyfriend." Mark said back.

"Should we tell people?" I asked.

"First let's mess with the shipper and non-shippers. I would love to mentally confuse them." Mark answered.

"M'kay, sounds fun." I responded.

"So what? Are we just gonna kiss in the cafeteria and just act like it was nothing?" I asked.

"Uh, sure." He said, obviously not having a plan.

I sat my head on his shoulder, and leaned on him. Nothing could be better in this moment, Carter is not going to be sick for long, I get to stay with my boyfriend at his house. Everything's alright.

"I love this moment, but princess, your mom is waiting for me to bring you home." I told the pink haired princess that was next to me. I really didn't want this moment to end, but it has to end.

"M'kay." was the only thing he said to me as I lifted up my head and we started to walk "home".

Word count: 801