Chapter 8

The Next Day

I'm at the first venue rehearsal. This moring I was free to do whatever I want, and even though it's thursday, I have no lessons, because they promised not to during the first week. So I still have a little bit of freedom. And besides, I only have lessons in the morning because in the afternoon I'm obligated to go with my brother to the concerts. I can already tell right now that that will get boring after a while.

Austin is rehearsing on stage right now and I'm watching it. Man, that guy has moves! I wish I was as good as him. And his music... his new songs are even better as his moves. This tour was also for him to promote his album all around the world. I have to admit that I'm a little bit jealous of him... I mean: he's 17 and practically rules the world. I'm a huge fan. 'What About Love' is still my favorite song. The beat is perfect to dance on. Don't tell him, but I kind of have my own choreography on it. Now the song's playing, I'm backstage dancing on it.

"- Nice moves Maslow.

- Oh shut up Henderson.

- I mean it.

- Thanks... I guess. I'll never be as good as him.

- You are. You are an incredibly good dancer.

- Not according to my parents." I kept dancing while talking to Logan.

"- Cause they've never seen it, so they can't Judge. You are amazing Chloe." He patted my shoulder in way of saying 'Keep your head up'. But I'm not sure if the compliment was on the dancing or was for me. I have to stop thinking this way. Logan left and I still kept going on with my moves. I don't care if they are bad, I can't hide that dancing is my life. The song ended and I saw Austin coming of the stage, walking towards me.

"- I saw your dancing. You're amazing.

- Thanks... But you don't have to say that if it isn't that way. I can take the truth.

- I'm not lying. You don't have to be so insecure.

- Oh okay.

- So... You still haven't told me the story.

- You really want to hear it?

- Yeah.

- How much time do you have?

- Enough. Come on, we'll go to my dressing room." I followed him into a small room. Big enough for one, but definitely not for two persons to change themselves. There was a couch in the room, big enough for two. Austin sat himself down and patted on the space next to him.

"- Come sit next to me and tell the story.

- Okay." I dropped myself down next to him. God, even when he's sweaty he's still a damn hottie.

"- So. Last week, I came home from school on Friday. I don't have a good relationship with my parents, only with James I get along. I went into the kitchen and greeted my mom. I immediately lost my attention for her, because James was there too. I hadn't seen him in a very long time and the last week before every tour, he comes by every day to have dinner with us. I went with him to the living room and told him that my mom had been unrespectful towards me. You see, my mom does not support my dreams, neither does my dad. But James can do whatever he wants. I told him that we had been arguing again about the scolarship.

- Scolarship?

- Yeah. Even though I'm only in junior year, I'm aiming for one. For Hollywood Arts. I've been practicing my dancing a lot lately, cause I really want that. Dancing is my passion, my dream. Once you have the scolarship, you can wait a year before you attend the school. So, I applied for the team. Every now and than, some kind of Judge comes watching me. But in januari, the main judges come to you and Judge you if you can get the scolarship. But my mom just doesn't understand my dream. That night, we were sitting at the table, and my mom said she had a surprise. Her and dad were going on a couple holiday. I answered with 'cool. Home alone.' But than she said I had to come with my brother on tour. I yelled at her and tried to reason about the scolarship. She said no way. I had to come with James. I ran up to my room and slammed the door. I didn't talk to them for days. And the last day they started a convo. But again it went back to the perfect son, my brother. That's when I decided to run away. I went to James. He saw me and I had to tell him the whole story too. He promised me that after tour I can live with him. And maybe he's going for custody." A tear rolled over my cheek.

"- Wow. Your mom sounds aweful. Sorry I have to say it.

- It's okay. I have a Thousand more words for her." I had to laugh.

"- Hey, don't cry. It'll be okay. I promise. You got the moves. You'll get that scolarship. And in the meanwhile you can rehearse with me on 'What About Love'." He whiped the tear of my face.

"- Okay. I will. Dancing is my passion. Sorry to waste your time with my lame story.

- You didn't. I wanted to know. And... whenever you need to get away from your brother and his friends, you can come to me. It's Always better to hang out with someone of about your own age." He placed his hand on my lap, as saying 'I support you'. Normally I would pull my knee away, but I didn't this time. I felt comfortable around him.

"- Can I give you a hug? " I asked.

"- I really need one. But you don't have to if you don't want too.

- I do." He embraced me with his strong arms and I rested my head on his shoulder. The normally Always shy me, asked a guy for a hug. I feel like I'm changing. In a good way. Even though Austin will never feel the same, I have the feeling that I'm falling in love.