vi.but it would

She sat in a cold sweat against her wall with her eyes closed.

Breathe... It's just a dream... Everything's okay...

She tried to calm herself as she gripped her dark strands. Tears were in her eyes as her heart pounded in her chest. The images flashed and it only brought her anxiety and terror higher.

The gory sights and depressing tragedies still fresh and very well present. She shook as she pulled back to look at her arms and screamed when crimson covered them. She screamed in anguish and fear of what she has done. She smelled ash and fire, the smell of burning flesh made her light headed.

"NO!" She screamed in horror as she slammed her fists against the wall. "I didn't do it! I swear!" She screamed while trying to convince herself. But, there was so much blood. It was on her arms and clothes and she wanted to rip her skin off. She found herself clawing at it.

Clawing at the walls.

She shouted in fury and disgust.

I did it.

I did it.

Those poor people.

Oh, the poor fucking kids.

She wanted to kill herself.

How could she spill so much blood?

Her eyes became hooded as she realized what she must do.

I have to suffer... I deserve to...

But you suffer every day, Aiko...

Her subconscious purred, an attempt to keep her from doing any more harm to herself.

Not enough...

She whispered in her mind before walking almost like she was sleepwalking and it caused her stumble as her limbs were stiff. She found her weapon pouch in her drawer and pulled a kunai from it.

Wait... You're going to see Sasuke tomorrow, do you want him to know you're a suicidal murderer?

Aiko's breaths caught and she paused.

Put down the kunai... We can finish this another time...

Aiko sighed and dropped the metal as her heart began to calm. To her shock, the blood was not there anymore. She still felt filthy and though she was covered in it. She could smell it.

Shower... I need it now.

And so she went into the shower, glad to know she would see Sasuke and his older brother today. She scrubbed her skin until certain places broke the skin, completely numb to the sting of already peeled skin from her scratching earlier that morning.

Wrapped in a towel, she left her bathroom, only to freeze when she felt a presence. She slipped a kunai into her fingers and tiptoed toward the living room, only to see Itachi on her couch, completely asleep. One of her books were on his face as if he was reading before he fell asleep.

She giggled to herself before setting down the cool metal and froze when the Uchiha was suddenly in front of her. She blinked, disbelieving of his speed and how easily he was able to wake.

"S-Sorry didn't know you were in my house." She stuttered and the male looked down at her in silence. He felt his heart stop at the sights of scars and red skin that bled and peeled. He's never seen her without sleeves before and he understood why she would want to cover her arms.