v.mean the world to me

"Hi Shisui!" Aiko grinned as she appeared in the office with a bamboo cup of tea in hand. He eyed her strangely with a small wave.

He was unaware that she was able to do ninjutsu. She seemed so small and frail, even though her chakra was odd and expanding soon after deflating.

With his Sharingan, he could see it clearly and it baffled him. It was like curled vines that grew bigger than her body and seemed to breathe as the curls spread and tightened at a constant pattern.

When she appeared, flowers much like the ones in her hair floated around before she stood grinning happily.

She's so happy, yet strange.

He chuckled under his breath.

"Hey old man!" Aiko grinned and the old man chuckled at the liveliness of the small girl before his desk.

"I see Itachi watching you is going well." He said his observation out loud.

Her smiled strained slightly when the mention of Itachi reminded her of his presence.

"Weasel butt is no fun! But I love Sasuke." She complained, aware that Itachi has appeared and it made her smile a bit.

The Hokage chuckled and shook his head as the girl poked her tongue out at the Uchiha who stared at her flatly.

"I called you three here to discuss you two's position as her protectors. As I have spoken to Itachi about, a few days ago, Orochimaru was seen around the borders of Konohagakure in search of Aiko. With Itachi as her primary watcher, you will accompany her if he is busy or on a mission." Aiko didn't mind the discussion as she sipped mindlessly at her tea. She didn't know that Itachi was watching her in slight amusement. She seemed so oblivious to the world and dangers, or the fact that a powerful Sannin was searching for her.

The Hokage didn't miss that Itachi's moment of distraction had caused him to grow a small smile and it made him chuckle. He was aware that the girl could be silly but he was also aware that she went through far more than what normal fifteen-year-olds would go through. He was more than sure that Itachi wouldn't be able to keep his calm character while watching the girl.

It was impossible.

"Why would he be after her?" Shisui questioned as he looked at the girl who was spaced out and drinking tea. He wanted to laugh at how clueless she seemed sometimes.

"Aiko," The girl blinked, startled. She looked up at the Hokage who smiled warmly. "Why is Orochimaru after you?" He asked, knowing the answer but wanting the Uchiha in the room to understand.

Shisui watched her chakra stretch it's curls through his Sharingan eyes and watched as she rested her hands stacked flat against each other. She closed her eyes before opening her palms by lifting up her top right one. She opened her eyes and they glowed a soft and hazed pink that matched the glow between her hands. She gave a small weak smile at the Uchiha who stared curiously.

"I own the ability to give life and in an essence, immortalize." She answered hesitantly before taking a flower from the Hokage's desk. "Watch.." She told the Uchiha as she held it in the glow and it slowly came less shriveled. It began to soften and look far less frail as it went back to its bloomed stage.

"Release." She muttered and the glow left her eyes, hands and the flower. The flower had remained in its new form and Aiko's breath was heavy as the burn slowly became an itch on her skin.

"He wishes to grow immortal, with Aiko, he can achieve such goal. However, he would, in the end, try to keep her because the effects are not permanent." The Hokage explained. Shisui nodded firmly and Itachi not so much as he glanced at the smiling girl.