Chapter 49

Peters POV

Caring for Iris was never part of the plan, but now I'm sat here worrying if I can protect her from everything that's going to happen. She doesn't know about the evil that's coming to Neverland, or anything for that matter, and I don't think I ever want her to know. Iris is the most inquisitive person I think I've ever met, so I know she'd want to know everything and that may be a bad thing. She could be kidnapped and used against me, which I could possibly cave in to. Normally I wouldn't be so bothered about someone. But I've fallen for her somehow. I was only planning on using her for my own benefit to distract anyone to come, but instead, I've actually begun thinking about her feelings. It's not only about me anymore, I've got Iris to think about now.

Honestly, part of me is angry that I'm now subconsciously thinking about another person because it's always been about what I'll gain or what'll happen to me. Sometimes I wish I didn't bring her, due to caring for a person being a weakness, and that's why I get angry. But, it's the way it is now and I'm slowly getting used to the idea of having actual feelings for another. Of course, I somewhat care for Felix, because his loyalty is strong and exactly what I want. But I've never thought of him before myself.

Another thing that bothers me is that Iris is far too nosy, she likes to... get in the way, to put it simply. I guess it's because she wants to be helpful, but it's honestly just another thing to deal with. Letting her train with the older, stronger boys is enough to make me tense, so having her fight in an actual war is definitely not going to happen anytime soon.

-

Third Person POV

Peter is sat deep in thought as he fiddles with his old, wooden flute. Many thoughts are whirling through his mind all at once so he's quite tired and frustrated over it all. He's trying to piece together a perfect plan, that will have no holes or problems that will mess it up. So far, he's not been successful. But he's Peter Pan. And Peter Pan never fails.

He lifts his head while taking a big inhale of breath to try to clear his mind. His emerald orbs land on Iris, and it seems as though all his problems fade slightly. As he takes in her kind features, he settles and his muscles relax. Her laughter is like the perfect melody flowing into his ears and he could listen to it all day. He wants to submerge himself into the feeling, but it's quickly over when the boys begin whirling around in front of him. Seeing them all wrapped up in happiness only makes him think of how it all could be wiped away soon, especially how Iris can be taken away from him.

Felix comes into his vision and he decides he should brief him at least. He walks over immediately and mutters, "I need to talk to you."

Felix nods while furrowing his eyebrows slightly, obviously confused. He follows Peter to the side of camp, quick enough so that it doesn't catch anyone's attention.

"Felix, I need you to promise me that if I'm not around for what ever reason, you will look after Iris with everything." Peter looks at Felix deadly serious, worrying him slightly.

"What? Why?" he asks quickly because he knows that Peter would only be saying this if it was serious. "Is something wrong?"

"Promise me, her over anyone," Peter demands.

"Yes, I promise. Can I at least know what's bothering you?" Felix wonders as he raises an eyebrow.

"Well, the-"

"Are you guys coming to join in on the fun?" Iris unknowingly interrupts Peter, smiling widely.

They both look at her, looking suspicious as usual, and then at each other. Peter then puts on a big smile and turns his attention to her, "Of course, Iris. Let's go have a fun night."

••••••••

WHOOP FINALLY UPDATED

hi hello i'm terrible at updating quickly, sorry!!!

i really don't understand these authors that update like every day but i wish i was more like them lmao

i'll try update soon! (i know i say that every time (: )))