Chapter 21

Iris has been training more and hunting better over the past few days. She's been enjoying getting more involved and the boys have seemed to warm up to her much more since, making her feel more at home around them.

Peter's been talking to Felix a lot more in private as well, causing the curiosity in Iris to grow as she watches them shadily walk out camp. They've done it again this morning, and Iris seems to be the only one that actually takes any notice of it. She looks around at the group of boys surrounding her and notices that not one of them even turn their heads to glance at Peter and Felix.

"What do Peter and Felix always go off to talk about?" she asks Jame quietly, who is sat beside him eating his breakfast.

He looks up at her and then follows her eyes to see the last bit of Felix disappear behind the trees. "I don't know."

"How do you not know? Haven't you been here for ages?"

"Well yes, but, Iris, the boys don't really get told much," he explains, looking back at her as she turns her attention to him.

"What do you get told?" she wonders, her eyebrows furrowing.

"Well, we get told what to do and if we say no, we get killed."

"Oh," is all Iris can say as she slouches slightly in her seat.

She hates how scared these boys seem to be of being free, in a place where she's been told her whole life is the place where freedom is the main thing. The cold breeze seems to pick up slightly and she shivers, putting her arms around herself. Goosebumps crawl up her body and James notices, quickly taking off his cloak and wrapping it around her. She smiles and thanks him, which he just shrugs at.

As Peter walks back into camp, he notices this and his face turns quickly into a glare. He yells harshly at them to go to training and stomps over, which makes the boys scramble around and gather there things before running to the training area.

•••••

this is just a short update but I'll be updating again soon and it'll be longer

IG: neverland.luke
Tumblr: autumns-rainyday