Chapter 9

Kellen POV;

We were now in the royal carriage on our way to visit the first two packs on the check: Alpha Salam and Alpha Redick. My mood wasn’t the best it could be but I’d traced it to the painful ache in my chest, which I’d assumed was due to not having my mate by my side. Did she feel as unhappy without me as I did without her?

Sat by the window staring out of it, I thought about how beautiful my Ana had looked at the ball; whether she'd noticed or not, she had every unmated male wanting her. Despite thinking about other guys watching her like that making my wolf growl out of protectiveness, it also made me feel unworthy to be with her. My mate was gorgeous and other males knew it, but she was mine. All mine! I, Crown Prince Kellen, had an absolutely breathtaking mate and when we were reunited, I was going to make damn sure everybody knew she was mine. Claim her, mark her then mate her.

My wolf began whimpering at the reminder that she could still be near unmated males and he couldn’t stop her. I felt him reach out for her with yearning but found nothing, when suddenly we felt her. Kellen? Her wolf purred with desperation.. Ana! my wolf cried back.

Her surprise at us answering must have caused her to lose focus with whatever she was doing. Careful gorgeous! I quickly thought, wanting her to be safe and not get hurt. Her wolf purred in return at being called gorgeous. Come back to me please? I pleaded helplessly, letting her my mind tell her how much I wanted her back.

Its not safe for us yet but soon hopefully, came her soft reply before I felt her leave my mind and disappear again. A weight in my heart to took her place. I had to know whether what had just had happened was real or if my mind was making it up. Turning to my father sat across from me, “I spoke to her.”

He heard me; turning, we locked eye but he didn’t reply straight away. “Spoke to her? Who? Your mate?” asked Maxim surprised.

“Are you sure Kellen?” asked Arabelle unsure.

“I’m sure,” I spoke firmly without taking my eyes off Dad, whose expression turned blank.

“How?” asked Arabelle, confusion marking her tone and I could tell she was frowning.

“I’m with Bell, I mean I doubt she’s around here,” said Maxim equaling Bell’s tone.

“It’s possible,” answered Dad finally, still looking at me. “It happens when you’re away from your mate and your wolf starts reaching out for them mentally. If their wolf does the same you can talk to one another; being Royal our connections to our mates are much stronger so reaching out to them is much easier for us than for other mated couples,” he finished.

“What did you say to each other?” asked Arabelle fascinated and eager.

“I was just thinking about her and then my wolf reached out. Nothing happened at first but then I felt her in my mind, I don’t think she was expecting me to reply.” I reply honestly, my gaze still locked with Dad. I knew he was looking into my mind and seeing what happened.

“Your right, you did scare her,” chuckled Dad. “Mates reaching out for each other isn’t very common, but then again not many mates stay away from each other to make it necessary.”

“What did you talk about?” Mom asks this time.

“Not much. I asked her if she’d come back to me,” answers the sadness in my tone. Taking my eyes off Dad, I briefly look at Mum before returning my gaze to Dad again.

“Her reply?” Sophia’s quiet voice asks, surprising us all. I look at her for a while before replying. Looking at her, I start to see all the things I will have with my mate when we are finally together. The sadness on my face must have shown as her eyes matched it.

 “She said it wasn’t safe for us yet but it would be soon hopefully” I sighed tuning to look out the window again, just as Maxim growled at me for staring at Sophia too long; I didn’t blame him, I would’ve growled sooner if he were staring at my mate.

“Look at it positively Kellen, if her wolf reached out for you then it can only mean she’s pining for you too. She will come back to you” spoke Mom reassuringly; I merely nodded in return. Cheering from the mass crowd made us aware that we had now reached the first pack’s territory.

“Kellen, I’m not gonna say I know how your feeling without your mate; just the thought to me is repulsive so I can give a good guess. However I need you to be focused and on the ball. I want that from you, understood?” my Dad’s Alpha commanded.

“Yes sir” I bowed my head and forcefully pushed all thoughts of my mate to the back of my mind.

“Good. Maxim, Sophia and Arabelle the same applies to you. Am I clear?” he ordered.

“Yes sir” they replied, bowing together.

“Very good, we’re pulling up now so you know the order and what needs to be done. Keep an eye out for anything that seems out of the ordinary or that may suggest rogues.” He spoke cautiously to which we all nodded.

The carriage came to a stop to huge cheering and applauding; plastering my best convincing smile on my face, I follow my parents out of the door before waiting to help Bell down. Alpha Salam was waiting for us just outside his pack house; upon reaching him he bows while greeting us before turning to his pack, who were lined up, begins introducing them as well as their mates. After the bowing, greetings and introductions were made, the real business began as we made our way up to the house.

My job was to check the paperwork of the pack while speaking with the Alpha, as well as talking with the pack members, and making sure everything was in order with the residents. I also had to pick up any complaints made by the villagers if there were any. All of these jobs belonged to me as they would be the jobs I would have when I would be crowned King.

With everything seeming to be in order with Alpha Salam’s pack, we moved onto the neighboring pack belonging to Alpha Redick; the same procedures were made and the results just as pleasing as the previous. We were then escorted to our accommodation which the pack was providing in their elders house.

Would I be able to sleep now that I’d spoken to my mate, I wonder?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COMMENTS and VOTES please!
So everyone, what do you think so far? xx