Chapter Seven ~ Hannah And Delilah

Delirious POV:

"Marilyn." Nicole said.
Evan and I turned and saw my sister in law jump up, snatch Riley away from Simone, and cradle her.
Macie soon was beside her, holding Kayle, Lui in front of her.
Luke was beside them in a second.
Mini backed up with Tyler away from Hannah, Tyler pushing in front of him and looking them in the eyes.
Evan and I rushed forward, ready to react as one if she were preparing to attack.
"Get her the hell out of here." Nicole demanded, pulling Riley into her chest as the one month old baby started to whine and wriggle.
"Niki, I'm sure she won't attack us all." Evan began.
"I. DON'T. FUCKING. CARE. THIS BITCH OBVIOUSLY WORKS FOR MARILYN, AND I DON'T WANT HER ANYWHERE NEAR MY DAMN BABY OR I'LL KICK HER ASS MY FUCKING SELF."
I rushed back to Nicole to try and calm her.
"No, no! Please. Don't worry guys, I lead her here." Hannah said.
"Hannah?! You lead her here?! We trusted you!" Mini said.
"No! Listen. She knows where Marilyn is." Hannah said.
"Hannah, Marilyn is in jail." Tyler told her.
Hannah shook her head.
"OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!" Nicole started panicking.
"Nicole, calm down, calm down. She won't hurt you." Luke said.
"You don't fucking understand, Luke! She's not after me!"
Nicole said to him.
We all turned to her.
"Who's she after?" The cat had asked.
"She's after Riley." Nicole said, her voice cracking.
"Why is she after Riley?" Evan asked.

One whisper was heard throughout all of us.

"She's always wanted children."

We all turned to Hannah, puzzled.
Hannah looked up, sadly, and we all looked back at her in confusion.
"How'd you know...?" Nicole whispered to her, astonished.

Hannah fell to her knees, her arms wrapped around herself, her eyes watering.
"Hannah." I walked over and hugged her, her head falling into my chest.
"Hannah. I don't want to make you feel worse. But we need to know how you know this. How do you know so much about Marilyn?" I whispered.
Everyone had grown silent, looking at Hannah, preparing for her answer.

"Her name isn't Marilyn. Okay? Don't call her that. It just makes her feel more distant." she cried.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"She's gone. She's further out than I had thought. But she's not evil. She's not mean. And she's NOT a murderer, a killer, she's NOT a PSYCHOPATH, don't call her that."
She was crying angry tears.
"Hannah, you're scaring me. We have no clue what you mean." Mini told her.
"Delilah." Evan said.
Hannah stood up and nodded to him.
"That's her name."
"Delilah?" everyone asked among themselves.
"Woah, woah, woah. One goddamn minute. I know a lot about Marilyn, I was hired to track her, but Delilah? That's her real name?" The cat asked.
Hannah nodded.
"Delilah Mariam Valle?" The Neko asked.
Hannah nodded.
"Why..?"
"I went to school with her! I hung out with a few kids who targeted her. I was considered her bully. But I never disliked her. She was a pretty girl, but she was... Unique." The cat declared.
"Okay, so that's how the cat knows her," Tyler said.
"Neko Chan." She corrected.
"Neko Chan," Tyler began again.
"Well what's your reason? How do you know this much about Ma- I mean, Delilah?" he asked Hannah.
"I've known Delilah since the very beginning." Hannah informed us.
"I used to be one of her best friends."
"Has she always been crazy?" Tyler asked.
"She's not crazy! She's never been crazy. She just snapped!" Hannah said.
"If she's not fucking crazy, why in the hell would she drug multiple people and kill one of them, causing someone innocent to be imprisoned, huh? If she's not crazy, why is she loose?!" Luke asked.
"DELILAH SNAPPED!" Hannah yelled, startling all of us.
"Delilah never murdered anyone. She sent people to. And if you only knew, if you guys knew what she's been through, you'd snap, too." Hannah insisted.
"Does that give her an excuse to hurt people?!" Marcel asked.
"Listen to me. If you saw what I saw, every night and every day, what was always happening to Delilah, over and over, you'd go insane just watching. Delilah stayed happy throughout all the misery she was put through. She had goals and she wanted so man to things, she wanted children, she wanted family. But she couldn't have that because she had snapped. She isn't evil. She's hurt." Hannah gritted her teeth.
Lui rolled his eyes.
"She's hurt? Hurt. Wow. Hannah, I'll tell you fucking hurt. Try getting shot like Luke did. Try getting stabbed in the shoulder, finally, after waiting for weeks for someone to try and kill you, then your brother, on top of the stress of being pregnant and seeing your best friend in love with someone else like Nicole. Try being kidnapped and almost killed like Skylar, then being forced to let your cousin die, or looking for your boyfriend and being almost murdered like Chrissy. Daithi was dying while he was on the phone with his fucking girlfriend. Simone and Marcel were trapped in their closet, praying that they were hearing things. Moo watched Lonnah get hit in her head and pass out before he joined her. Why don't you think about how Macie and Lui were hiding under the bed, desperate for something to come and save them those last few moments. And lastly, try almost losing your soulmate like Evan did, and then waiting for him to come out of a coma, knowing that he may even die after years of being in it, and your friends are moving on with their lives, while you're stuck there. Because you don't want to move on." I looked Hannah in the eyes and everyone cringed at the thoughts of their near-death experiences.
"Delirious, that's still nothing compared to what Delilah has been through. Try putting all of those things together and feeling them everyday, taking it, trying to survive with it, over and over, but not physically, emotionally. And then still being happy about it, trying to make something out of it, while everyone still slapped you in the face about it, but you still wanted to be exactly like them."
Hannah shook her head at me.
"Where do you think the name Marilyn comes from?"
"Marilyn... Monroe?" I asked.
"Exactly. She wanted to be a model. She told her mother that she would be on the front page of every magazine in the country, no matter what. Her mom crushed her dreams every day until she died. And that's why Delilah isn't a model. She thought she wasn't good enough. Her mother told her that she never would be. She decided to make the front page some other way to impress her mother..."
Hannah looked at all of us as we took in every word.
"She'd get the front page any way she could, she'd do anything for it. Even if it included being the most wanted criminal in the whole world."
We looked at Hannah and I particularly looked into her eyes...
I wondered what horrors she had seen.