Chapter Seventeen~ I'm Just A Sucker For Pain

Before we start, big thanks to the amazing Netflix_on_Youtube ! <3

She helped me incredibly on this chapter. Thank you, hon!!!

Neko Chan's POV:

The cold water hit my back and soothed me. Things had been so stressful and awkward. I let my mind wonder as I scrubbed my body with my kiwi scented wash. Soft suds ran down my body as the water gently washed it away. It had been a couple days since Delirious' outburst and I had made myself scarce. I never really hung around anyone anymore, including Hannah since the group seemed to accept her more than me now. I guess it had always been that way.

I listened to the lyrics playing from my phone and thought.

I told you.

Take my hand through the flame.

I told you.

I'm just a slave to your game.

I'm just a sucker for pain.

How relatable, I thought to myself. I listened to the rap as it played and closed my eyes. It was just like me. Or rather, how I used to be.

I used to love people torturing me. I loved to prove that they couldn't get to me. And when no one would do it to me, I would do it to them. And that's how I met Delilah. In the same circumstances.

Anyway, I finally felt I was clean enough and shut the water off; only turning the cold since it was all I used. I preferred cold water. People would assume that cats don't like cold water, or water at all, but I loved it. I stepped out of the shower and grabbed a towel.

It was a large green one with blue accents here and there. It was soft, but I didn't really think of that as I wrapped it around my body. Pinning the fabric with one hand, I wrapped the towel loosely around my body. I stepped out of the bathroom into the bedroom I was using.

"I'm just a sucker for pain," I sung softly as I approached the bed. I sat down only to discover the weight of somebody else already on the bed. I turned my head and almost flung myself off the side of the bed. "Nogla?!" I hissed in shock. He turned his head, face flushed with embarrassment, and looked me sheepishly in the eyes.

"Hey..." he muttered. I gripped my towel tighter, but it was still so loose around me.

"What are you doing in here," I settled myself into a more comfortable place to sit on the bed. Nogla rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"The others were all outside and didn't know where you were," he said and I felt a small bit of warmth inside of me,"Granted some of them wanted to know where you were so they didn't have to be around you..." And that small bit of warmth disappeared. I guessed no one wanted me around anyway.

"Well, after a minute of silence I offered to go see where you were. When I got Inside, I heard your phone playing and followed," he continued, "It led me here and I heard water running, so I just assumed you were washing your hands or something. I sat down for a second and that's when you came out. I got nervous seeing as you just got out of the shower and looked away. I guess I forgot to tell you I was here..." he concluded. I nodded.

"Understandable. I guess no one really likes me, huh?" I asked.

"Well, Evan feels bad for what happened the other day. And Brock and Lonnah have been worried about your whereabouts, but other than that, no one really has asked. I mean, I worried too. But you probably don't care for me that much." he answered. I looked at him, surprised.