Library (Bruce Banner)

A Bruce one shot requested by @DITSauthor

Thank you for requesting this and it makes me sad to see that Bruce is so underrated :c

Anyway I hope you enjoy it! :-)

~~~

You walked around the library, your friend Bruce trailing timidly after you. The public library in New York was huge, and you knew Bruce was worried about being in such a large place when the Other Guy could come out at any time. You had told him he could wait in the car, you just needed to pick up a book, but Bruce insisted on coming anyway. He was, after all, still Bruce, and he couldn't resist going to a library.

You peered around, looking for the help counter, and finally spotted it. You hurried towards it, in your haste to get Bruce out of there, you had left Bruce, who was peering at a new display of science journals, behind.

------------------------------

"__y/n__?" Bruce asked anxiously after he had snapped out of his book induced daze. He glanced around hopefully, but he couldn't see you anywhere. Bruce cautiously stepped away from the display, scanning the aisles of books for you.

"Hi there." A very pretty blonde woman said suddenly, waggling her manicured fingers at Bruce.

"Um, hi." Bruce said distractedly, he was still busy looking around for you. The woman huffed, moving her body closer to his, batting her eyelashes seductively.

"What's a handsome man like you during here?" The blonde purred, running her fingers up and down Bruce's chest.

"Well, it's a library." Bruce said in confusion, why was this woman doing this, and where the hell did you go? The woman laughed; a light tinkling sound that would have had any other man turning to mush, but Bruce paid her no attention. He ignored her that is, until her finger started trailing lightly up and down his arm.

"Do you like this?" The woman asked, mistaking Bruce's confusion for awe. Bruce shook his head, a blush crawling onto his cheeks. "I think you're lying." She said sweetly, her hand moving back to his chest.

"I really need to go." Bruce exclaimed suddenly, and he started to walk away, until the blonde's hand wrapped around his wrist.

"Why are you leaving so soon, sexy? We could have a little...fun." The blonde suggested with a wink. Bruce shook his head, he was so terribly confused and he just wanted to find you. He attempted to pull away, but this woman was so damn persistent and kept her hands firmly wrapped around his wrist. Bruce growled, he was starting to get angry but this woman would just not let him leave.

----------------------------

You had finished checking out your book, and were just starting to look for Bruce, when you heard startled shrieks. Thinking the worst, you dropped your book and ran towards the sound, and saw Bruce, who was starting to turn green. Oh fucking shit.

"Bruce! Hey Brucie!" You called as you ran, making him focus your attention on you. You finally reached him, noting with satisfaction that although he wasn't back to normal, he hadn't turned any greener.

"Brucie, I need you to come back now, can you do that?" Bruce's green color faded slightly, until more shrieks pierced the air and he heard someone say something about calling the police. The green returned, and continued to spread and darken, while Bruce's body got slightly larger. You growled in annoyance, yanking Bruce's head down so that it was level with yours, before smashing your lips onto his.

This shocked the hell out of Bruce, so much that the green faded and he shrunk back down to his regular height. Even after he had returned to normal, and you could tell that he was normal again, you kept your lips pressed to his. After all, you had had a crush on Bruce for a long time, and this was the only time you could do this without completely ruining your friendship. You were just getting ready to pull away and explain that you had only done it so he didn't Hulk out, when Bruce's lips pressed back hesitantly against your own.

You grinned, your hands tangling themselves into his dark brown locks. Bruce placed his hands tentatively on your waist, relieved when you didn't pull away. You retracted your lips from his reluctantly, resting your forehead against his, your breath coming out in short gasps. Bruce's chocolate brown eyes scanned your face worriedly, but he breathed a sigh of relief when you shot him a small smile.

Most of the people in the library were staring in surprise at you two, before a few of them let out slight awww's. You flushed, burying your head into Bruce's chest in embarrassment. You could feel Bruce chuckle, the vibrations spreading throughout your body as his arms tightened their grip on you.

A cough broke you two apart, and you looked around to see a blonde woman shooting a questioning glare at Bruce.

"What was that?" She asked angrily, fixing each of you in her icy gaze. Bruce wrapped an arm around your shoulders, pulling you closer to him.

"I was kissing my girlfriend." Bruce said coolly, ignoring the surprised glance you gave him. The blonde huffed, glared once more at both of you, before she stormed off, her high heels clacking on the library floor.

"Who was that?" You asked, slightly hurt, thinking that she was a past girlfriend or something of the sort.

"I promise you __y/n__, I honestly have no idea." Bruce said, and he sounded so serious that you couldn't help the laugh that bubbled out of your throat.

"Good. Because I really don't want to share my boyfriend." You said, surprising Bruce once again, before you leaned in, pressing a chaste kiss to his cheek.

"I am so terribly sorry about that." Bruce apologized to the people who were still staring at you both. They brushed it off, no one got hurt, everything was fine, before one of them handed you your book, and you and Bruce left the library.

That was certainly the best library visit either of you had ever had.

~~~

All rights go to:

Miss-Union-Jacks on DeviantArt