Am I Feeling Love? (Wanda Maximoff)

Am I Feeling Love?

Wanda didn't understand the fluttery feeling that erupted in her belly whenever she spoke to you. Or, rather, whenever she looked at you. Or whenever you were in the same room. Or within eyesight of each other. Any time you were on her radar, butterflies fluttered furiously in her abdomen.
She wondered if she was sick, but noticed no other symptoms of any kind of ailment. No one had commented that she appeared ill, so she wrote sickness of the list of possibilities. She wondered if it had to do with her powers. Perhaps her abilities were strengthened or weakened around you. She never got to test that theory, however, because the second you smiled, she couldn't bear the thought of making you live your worst nightmare by testing her powers on you. 

Concerned by the butterflies apparently taking residence in her body, she took her concerns to Pepper first. Pepper seemed knowing and wise, and she was one of the nicest people Wanda had met upon joining the Avengers.
"Pepper?" Wanda called nervously, standing in the doorway of Pepper's office.
"Wanda, hi," the strawberry blonde greeted. "Come in. Do you need something?"
"I'm concerned," she replied softly, closing the door behind her.
"What about?"
"There's this... feeling... in my stomach, and I'm fairly certain I'm not sick so I don't know what to do." 
"What kind of feeling?"
"Fluttering, like there are a hundred butterflies in my stomach."
"Butterflies in your stomach?" A soft grin claimed her lips.
"Yes," Wanda replied cautiously. "Why are you smiling?"
"Is there any specific time or event when this feeling occurs?"
The mutant blushed. "Only when I'm around (y/n)."
"That's adorable," Pepper smiled.
"What is it?!" Wanda cried.
"Calm down. You're in love with her."
"...What?"
"Love. You're physically and emotionally attracted to (y/n). It makes your nerves work on overdrive and it feels like butterflies."
"Love..." she repeated slowly. "I love her."
"Yes," Pepper nodded. "Now what are you going to do about it?"
"What am I supposed to do about it?"
"Telling her would be a good start."

"Just tell her!" Tony urged as you sat at the counter with him, Clint, and Bruce, sipping coffee. "I highly doubt that she's homophobic."
"I don't want to freak her out. She's been through enough," you argued.
"What's the worst that could happen?" Clint asked.
"Well how would you feel? 'Hey, thanks for helping us destroy Ultron and welcome to the Avengers. Oh, and by the way, I'm gay for you'."
"Blunt and to-the-point," Tony nodded approvingly.
"Just causally bring it up and see what she does," Bruce suggested.
"Casually bring what up?" Natasha asked, sauntering into the room. "(y/n)'s deep-seated love for Wanda?"
You groaned and rested your forehead on the counter.

That evening, the group planned a movie night. Pietro and Wanda hadn't had much exposure to digital entertainment and Thor was in desperate need of a moviecation, so you all agreed. You planned a Disney marathon for tonight, deciding that Harry Potter and Percy Jackson could wait til the weekend. 
You were in the kitchen getting popcorn and sodas when Tony came in, trying to bite back a grin.
"Hey Tony," you greeted.
"Hey, bad news," Tony said. "I forgot that I promised Pepper we'd go out tonight."
"Aw, you're ditching?"
"Yeah, but the others will be here."
"Fine," you smiled. "Go take care of your girl."
You grabbed the large silver bowl of popped corn in one hand and a few sodas in the other, sauntering into the living room. Just as you placed the snacks on the coffee table, Steve and Bruce came in.
"I've got to help Thor get the fork out of the toaster and Jane called asking if Bruce could help her with an experiment," Steve explained.
"So everyone's ditching?" you sighed.
"Everyone except Pietro and Wanda," Bruce replied.
"What about Clint?" you asked.
"He and Natasha got sent on a mission," Steve shrugged.
You sighed again. "Fine. Leave me. I'll introduce the twins to Disney all on my own."
The two left as you sat down. Pietro soon came in, and you suppressed a groan as he simply stood in the room.
"I am not feeling well," he stated sadly. "I do not want to get either of you sick." With that, he left. You turned to your one companion – Wanda.
"Have we been set up?" you guessed. A blush claimed her cheeks as she decided not to reply.
"Wanda?" you pressed. "Have we?"
"Perhaps," she replied. "Please, do not be upset. It was not my idea."
"Whose idea was it?" you asked. "And what was the idea?"
"It started with Pepper and she got Tony involved and then everyone else," Wanda explained. "The plan was for us to plan a group event and then everyone else would conveniently have to cancel, leaving just you and me."
You smiled softly. "And why would they leave just you and me?"
"Because... you give me butterflies."
Your own butterflies erupted at her admission. "I give you butterflies?"
She nodded, looking down at her lap. You recognized the expression of fear and anxiety of rejection on her face and knew you had to do something. You reached out and grasped her hand with yours, smiling as she looked up at you with wide eyes.
"You give me butterflies too."
"Really?" she whispered.
You nodded softly, your free hand reaching up to cup her cheek. She leaned into your touch, bringing a smile to your lips. You leaned in, pressing your lips to hers. She gasped softly at the action before her eyes closed. You removed your hand from hers, wrapping it around her waist. She scooted closer to you, wrapping her arms around your neck.
You broke away for air, smiling softly. "Still wanna watch a movie?"
She nodded with a smile. "Definitely."

"My plan worked!" Tony exclaimed excitedly.
"My plan," Pepper corrected.
"It only worked because (y/n) guessed and Wanda spilled," Clint chuckled.

You settled against the back of the couch, holding out your arm for her to snuggle against. She complied, leaning against your side, her head resting on your shoulder. Your arm secured around her as you pressed "Play."
"Oh, JARVIS?" you called.
"Yes, Miss (l/n)?" the AI replied.
"Turn off the cameras in this room please."
"Of course, Miss (l/n)."

"...Damn!"

~~~

All rights go to:

CoinOperatedGirl666