Teach Me How to Dance With You (Steve Rogers)

Sorry guys i didn't update for days, been really busy. 

I hope you enjoy this one shot!

~~~

'Just show me...' Steve cried out to you, sighing.

'I don't know,' you replied to you best friend of three years. 'I don't think it suits me.' You looked at yourself in the mirror, wearing the dress you had bought a few hours earlier to wear to a party Tony Stark was hosting in Stark Tower. It hugged your body and floated around you as you walked. It was truly a beautiful dress, but you didn't know if you were confident enough to wear it.

'Yeah... I bet you look awful in it', Steve sighed again. In the time you had been in your bedroom he had put on the suit Tony had given him to wear, cleaned your messy kitchen and even managed to watch the whole eight o'clock news.

You swallowed hard, looking at yourself one last time, before finally making your way back to the living room. Steve was sitting on your couch, his arms spread across the back. He was wearing a suit Tony had specially made for him and you felt the heat rise to your cheeks. He looked extremely handsome and all the feelings you had tried to suppress for so long came rushing through your body.

You cleared your throat when Steve kept staring at the screen of the TV. He quickly turned to you, his jaw almost dropping, seeing you in the tight fitting sea-blue gown. Could he even go out with you like that? All the guys at Tony's party would fall for you. Including Stark himself...

'What do you think?' you asked doubtfully, biting your lip. You turned around on your heels and felt the soft fabric of the dress float around you.

'You look... I-I mean. Wow...'

A soft, red blush colored your cheeks as Steve pushed himself from the chair and walked closer to you.

'Wow...' he repeated. '[Name], you look amazing.'

'Thank you,' you mumbled, tucking your hair behind your ears and looking down to the ground. Why did he always make you feel this way? From the moment he had saved your life during the attack on New York, Steve had always made you feel special, but you had always been too scared to tell him how you felt. Even now.

'You're not so bad yourself,' you continued, looking at him in the black tuxedo. 'Tony knows his suits.'

Steve smiled, looking down at his suit. 'He does, doesn't he. I'll have to thank him later.'

You nodded. 'Shall we go? I don't want to miss Tony's entrance.'

Steve laughed, following you out of your apartment. 'If he is anything like his father...' Steve shook his head, smiling. 'You're right. You don't want to miss it.'

Once you were outside, you called a cab. It wasn't that far to Stark Tower, but in the heels you were wearing you were lucky to even being able to dance.

Inside the cab, Steve told the driver where to go and you leaned back in the car seat, rubbing your hands nervously and taking in a deep breath. You hadn't met any of the Avengers yet. Until recently, Steve hadn't wanted you to be involved in that part of his life. He thought it might be dangerous for you. But after he had almost died several months ago, during the fall of S.H.I.E.L.D., he wanted to spend as much time with all of his friends as possible. Which meant introducing you to the Avengers. You had never been more nervous in your life.

'You okay?' Steve asked, laying his hand over yours, stopping you from shaking. 'You seem nervous.'

You smiled slightly, feeling the nerves leave your body as Steve caressed your hand with his thumb. He could always calm you down. You sighed. Why didn't he love you like you loved him?

'What if they don't like me?' you mumbled, swallowing hard.

'Of course they'll like you,' Steve replied, forcing you to look at him. 'They'd be a fool not to like you.'

You nodded, feeling your heart slowly stop beating violently in your chest. 'Will you dance with me?' you asked, looking into Steve's deep-blue eyes. 'Then at least I won't look like such an idiot in this dress.'

Steve smiled. 'Of course. I might not be the best dance partner, but if it will help you...'

'Thank you,' you smiled back.

'Stark Tower!' the cab driver yelled over his shoulder.

Steve paid the driver and helped you get out of the car. A lot of people had already gathered around the tower, but mostly press and security guards Tony had hired to protect all the guests from unwanted visitors.

You were let into the tower without any questions and were greeted by beautiful girls with trays of champagne.

'A glass of champagne, miss?' one of them asked you.

You nodded, getting a glass with bubbling fluid from her hands. 'Thank you.'

Steve also got a glass of champagne and together you made your way towards the large room that served as a dancefloor.

'There you are!' someone cried out. A man was walking your way, wearing an all-white suit with a red tie. 'I almost thought you chickened out.'

'Don't tease him like that, Stark,' a woman spoke behind you. She walked beside you and smiled at you. Her red curls were combed to one side, her lips and dress as red as her hair. 'Glad you could make it, cap. It isn't a real party without all of us here. The rest will be here shortly. Clint couldn't find his tie...' she sighed, turning to you. 'You must be [Name]. I've heard a lot about you. My name is Natasha,' she winked at Steve.

You shook her hand and smiled at her, even though you felt intimidated by her beauty. From the corner of your eyes you could see Steve's cheeks color red and a small smile curled your lips. For once you were the one making him uncomfortable.

'So this is the mysterious girl you have been hiding from us,' the man in the white suit frowned. You knew it could be no one other than Tony Stark. 'You told me she was beautiful,' he told Steve, looking at you, 'but I didn't think she'd be this beautiful. Miss [Last Name], you'd do me the greatest honor if you'd dance with me.'

You giggled, seeing him bow to you slightly and offering you his hand. Slowly people were starting you gather on the dancefloor and the music started playing. There was no way you could decline his offer. Not with all these people here.

'After I've finished my champagne,' you smiled, looking into his chocolate brown eyes. You couldn't help but think he was handsome.

'That can easily be arranged,' Tony said cheekily, getting the glass of champagne from your hand and throwing it over his shoulder. 'J.A.R.V.I.S. play something romantic.'

'Right away, sir.'

Tony took you by the hand as a different tune started playing through the speakers. You giggled again as he pulled you towards him, into a dancing position.

'Have you ever danced before?' Tony whispered in your ear, leading you across the dancefloor with great ease. Your dress floated around you and you had never felt so light before.

You shook your head slightly. 'Not like this.'

A large smile curled Tony's lips. 'Of course you haven't. You're dancing with me.'

You laughed softly, feeling Tony's grip on you tighten. He twirled you around a couple of times and you smiled, seeing everyone look at you. Including Steve.

'Everyone is looking at us,' you blushed, swallowing hard.

Tony shook his head, looking into your eyes. 'No... They are looking at you.'

He pushed you from him, holding on to you with one hand. When you almost fell to the ground, he pulled you towards him again, sending you spinning around on the dancefloor. His warm hand closed around your arm as he held you tightly. You were now facing the dancefloor instead of Tony and you felt his hot breath in your neck, while your heart started to beat violently in your chest.

'I know he is...' Tony continued, nodding at Steve, who was still looking at you, as sad frown covering his face.

Tony turned your around again, making you face him again. You led your across the dancefloor again, but it didn't feel as good anymore. Not after you had seen the hurt look on Steve's face.

'Tony, maybe we should...' you started, but you were soon interrupted.

'Seems the cap has had enough already,' Tony said, turning your around on the dancefloor.

Once you had regained your position in front of him again, you looked over his shoulder and saw Steve pushing himself through all the people that had gathered in the room.

'Maybe I should go after him?' you asked Tony, although it wasn't really a question. You had a enough of the dancing. You kept your eyes on Steve, while Tony still held on to you tightly.

'Nah, I think he just feels uncomfortable. He has never danced before, you know...'

'I know...' you mumbled to Tony, but mostly to yourself.

'He'll be fine,' Tony replied, but you had already pushed yourself from his arms.

You pulled up your dress and made your way through the people that had watched you dance with Tony.

'Steve, wait!' you called after him, watching him walk towards the exit. 'Why are you leaving?'

Steve turned around hearing your voice and waited for you to catch up with him.

'The party isn't over yet,' you said, taking in a few quick breaths. 'I thought we were going to...'

'I can never compete with him, [Name],' Steve interrupted you, nodding in Tony's direction. He looked at you sadly and sighed.

You swallowed hard, wondering what he was talking about. Why would be need to compete with Tony?

'What do you mean?' you frowned, trying to understand why he was so upset.

Steve smiled sadly. 'You know what I mean. He has it all... and I...I don't even know how to dance...'

Your heart started to beat uncontrollably in your chest again, realizing Steve was telling you he cared about you as more than just a friend. He loved you, like you loved him and he had no idea.

'I'll show you,' you said, offering him your hand.

Steve looked at your hand doubtfully, frowning as he lifted his gaze back up to you. 'I-I...'

'Tony is nothing compared to you,' you whispered, as you stepped closed to him, grabbing his hand.

A small smile curled Steve's lips, hearing your say those words. 'But what about...'

'Shush,' you said, laying your finger against his lips. 'You owe me a dance.' You led him onto the dancefloor and folded your arms around his neck.

Everyone was staring at you again, but you didn't mind this time. They could stare all they want, Steve was yours.

'How come you never said anything,' you whispered, letting you head rest on his shoulder.

'Why didn't you?' he replied, pushing you closer.

You smiled. 'We're idiots.'

You felt Steve laughing softly. 'It took Tony Stark for us to realize that...'

You laughed with him. 'I hope I haven't offended him.'

'He'll get over it,' Steve said, looking at Tony, who drank a whole glass of whiskey in one big sip, 'eventually...'

'Steve?'

'Hmm?'

'I love you,' you whispered, pushing yourself from his chest.

Steve smiled, looking at you lovingly. 'I love you too, [Name]. I always have and I always will.' He closed his arms around you even tighter and kissed you softly. 'Wanna get out of here?'

'Yes!' you exclaimed, sighing. 'My feet are killing me...'

Steve shook his head. 'I told you they would...'

'I know...' you said, standing on the tip of your toes to kiss him again, 'but it was worth it.'
~~~

All rights go to:

savrom on DeviantArt