Dirt Room (Bruce Banner)

Warning: Slight language in there

~~~

Bruce was doing his normal tinkering and figuring in the lab that he shared with Tony.
Due to the massive projects Tony and he were working on, he was looking to pull an all nighter.
He was forever grateful that his girlfriend, (y/n), was understanding of his work and was just grateful for the time they did spend together.
So imagine his surprise when two hours into his work, his cell phone started playing your favorite ringtone.
Curious, he picked up the phone.
"Hello?" he asked.
"I did it, Bruce! I got my first robber!!" you exclaimed, excitedly.
He looked at the phone confused.
You weren't a cop. You were a librarian at the SHIELD headquarters.
How in the world did you catch a robber?
"Repeat that." he requested, thinking he didn't hear you properly.
"I caught my first robber!!" you exclaimed again.
Yep, he heard you right the first time.
"What do you mean you caught a robber?"
"Well, I was coming home from work and he was in the house, going through our stuff." you simply explained.
"Wait...WHAT?"
"Yeah, he was in our office downstairs, looking through paperwork."
He pinched the bridge of his nose. He didn't understand why you were being calm.
You just caught someone robbing your house!
"I'll be right there." he replied, concerned for your safety and wondering who the dumbass was that went to rob the Hulk's house.
"No, it's okay. I got it covered. I just wanted to tell you the good news." You knew he was working late so you tried to reassure him.
It didn't work.
"No, I will be there in a bit just stay wherever you are and away from him." Bruce ordered as he grabbed his keys and headed out the door.
You were waiting on the front porch in your least favorite jogging suit covered in dirt when Bruce pulled up in the driveway.
He ran towards you the moment he got out of the car. He stopped, confused at your appearance.
"Why are you covered in dirt?" he asked.
"I dug a hole out back." you answered, with a shrug.
".....For what?"
You smiled as you lead the way to the back of the house.
He hesitantly followed you.
He became temporarily blind due to the flood lights you put in the yard.
Where you got them all was beyond him.
He then heard muffled cries and saw piles of dirt around a human sized hole.
You stood before it proudly.
He reluctantly approached the hole.
Inside the hole was a man in black sweats and a black ski mask. His voice was muffled by what Bruce assumed was duct tape. He looked like a fish out of water, flopping around with both his hands and feet bound.
Bruce looked at the man, surprised that he didn't have a mark on him.
"How did you manage to get him bound?" he asked.
"I hit him over the head with a frying pan. Then I duct taped him and took a selfie." You explained, holding up your phone to show said picture.
Bruce shook his head at your antics.
You were always an odd one.
"How long did it take you to dig this hole?"
"An hour."
"And how long has he been there?"
"Maybe thirty minutes before I called you."
"You could have gotten hurt, (y/n)" Bruce scolded.
You shrugged.
"I wanted to prove that I could take care of myself and you didn't have to worry about me."
"Well, I have to admit this is impressive." he said, looking around.
"Did you check to see who it was?" he asked, curious.
"Nope, I was waiting for you or the police to come by to see." you answered.
"Let's get the mask off of him then."
You nodded as both you and Bruce climbed into the hole to pull the man out.
When you had placed him on the solid ground, he tried to roll away with no avail.
You and Bruce got back out and kneeled next to the frantic man.
You slowly pulled the ski mask off as to not freak the guy out even more. When their face was revealed, Bruce could only look at the intruder in shock.
"Tony! What the hell were you doing in my house?" Bruce exclaimed.
"You know him?" you asked, equally surprised.
"Yeah, this is Tony Stark, playboy-genius-philanthropist and now dumbass." he explained.
Tony tried to retort but the duct tape on his mouth only made his protests futile.
Bruce rolled his eyes and he went to take off the duct tape in one swoop.
"Your girlfriend tried to kill me! She hit me in the head with a frying pan! She was just fixing to bury me!" Tony exclaimed, trying to move away from you as far as possible.
"Well, no shit Sherlock, you broke into our house! What did you expect her to do?" Bruce argued.
"I wasn't going to bury you by the way. I was only going to wait until the police showed up or Bruce." You added, a bit offended that he would think you would try to kill him.
"I was only trying to set up a gag prank on him to see if it would awaken his Hulk side. I've been trying to test out his breaking points." Tony explained.
Bruce just rolled his eyes in annoyance.
"Are you kidding me? Haven't you given that up already?"
"No, I want to test every angle. I just didn't expect to be jumped by Black Widow junior over there."
You couldn't help but smirk at his comment. After all, it was Natasha that trained all female agents defensive maneuvers.
"You know what, Tony? I think you should wait out here. I'll call Pepper and let her know where you are."
Tony's eyes got wide as saucers.
"Please don't tell Pepper. Ple--" Bruce used the same piece of duct tape and shut Tony's mouth up.
Bruce chuckled at the situation in disbelief. He turned to you and looked at you with a smile.
Who needed a guard dog when he had a girl like you?

~~~
All rights go to:
riri1148