Five Times (Steve Rogers)

The last part of the "Five Times" series.

"Five times the Avengers tried to pair the reader with another Avenger and the one time they realized the pair was already dating."
AN: FeThunder is the Reader x Thor.

~~~
Attempt #1:

The briefing that Fury had "recommended" that all of the Avengers attend was the most boring thing that you believed that you had ever done. The speaker (not Fury) was going on and on about safety in missions and you were seriously considering asking the speaker if he had ever been on a mission that didn't end like it should've.

You sighed and when the speaker looked down at to refer to information brochures that were on the desk; you whipped out your phone and started checking your emails on it when an email popped up from your brother, "Hey, (Name) check this site out. I promise it's not a virus made to destroy SHIELD's mainframe. Not that I would ever think about that."

You looked over to your brother, the one and only Tony Stark, who flashed you a wink before taking a sip of the scotch that he had in front of him. Smirking, you deleted the email and were about to put your phone away but then Tony began a chat session with you.

TS - Now why did you go delete that email? That wasn't very nice (Name).

Y/I - Are you saying that the link you sent me in the email was completely harmless and wouldn't scar me in any way what so ever?

TS - Well...

CB - What are you guys talking about?

TS - Go away bird boy, sibling chat happening here.

CB - Oh is this about the stories you "found" with Y/N and Cap?

TS - She was supposed to find that out herself, bird brain! Personally my favourite paring is FeThunder.

Y/I - Really Tony?! Here I thought you actually did work in the lab with Bruce.

TS - I do. In between hacking SHIELD and other things.

CB - Crap! Nat's aedighitquei.

TS and Y/I - What the...?

CB - You guys better have a good reason for not paying attention! Widow out.

TS - I'm not sure about Y/I but I have several. Has this guy ever been on a mission? From the way he talks...

CB - Stark, I'm warning you...

Y/I - What did I do?

CB - Not you (Name). Your crazy brother.

TS - How come you refer to her as (Name) but you refer to me as Stark?

CB - I like her. Her brother on the other hand...

Y/I - Oh you mean the one that sent me the link to those fanfics about Cap and myself?

CB - Cover your ears (Name).

Sighing, you obeyed and not a second later a shot rang out, the bullet slamming into Tony's scotch glass and destroying it.

"That'll teach you to drink in briefings." Steve grinned before turning back to the speaker as Tony was lamenting the loss of his scotch.

Attempt #2:

You balanced the dagger in your hand before drawing your arm back and throwing the dagger. It hit its target with a resounding thud. Your ability was to be able to create something out of nothing and then be fully able to manipulate the object.

You heard the sound of approaching footsteps behind you and acting on instinct called the dagger to you and whirled around to confront your attacker with the dagger ready to throw.