Five Times (Clint Barton)

"Five times the Avengers tried to pair the reader with another Avenger and the one time they realized the pair was already dating."

~~~
Attempt #1

You looked into the eye of your father, Nick Fury and just knew that the day was going to be a bad one. The Avengers (you included) were all living in Tony Stark's Tower which meant that the two more reckless members of your team managed to get into trouble a lot more as they had more time to spend together.

This time; Tony and Clint had made it so that every time someone said "Galactica" they would be shot at with an arrow.  Many of the newer agents had passed out from fear causing your father to call the three of you in, Clint, Tony and you.  You were there because the last thing one of the agents had said before he passed out was "She did it;" the agent had also helpfully gestured to you.

"Sometimes Stark, I wonder if we don't give you enough to do." Your father spoke, gazing at Tony intently.

"You try." Tony shrugged, "I finish it quickly anyway."

You groaned softly; Tony seemed to have a talent for pissing people off, your father included and you knew that it wouldn't end well for any of you.

"I am trying to run a base, Stark not a circus."

"We know you're not running a circus, there would be more animals around if you were." Tony said, before calmly walking out of the office.

"Three, two, one." You counted down and at the same time you and Clint put your hands over your ears.

"STARK!" Your father roared before exiting the office with his gun in hand.

"Wanna watch?" Clint asked, pausing to look at you as he exited the office.

"Do I want to watch the world renowned spy known as Nick Fury try and kill Iron Man? Sure!" You replied and followed Clint out of the office.

Attempt #2

The agent that ratted you out was helping himself to a cup of coffee when Phil Coulson suddenly appeared in front of him. "Sir!" The agent snapped to attention so quickly that Phil had to take a half step backwards.

"Why did you blame (Name) for the Galactica incident?"

"She was part of it, sir." The agent replied.

Phil's outward expression didn't change but the agent suddenly felt like Phil's eyes were x-raying him, looking for a sign of weakness.

"I'll admit, I didn't think that you would make that statement to my face.  You and I both know that (Name) had no part in the incident."

The agent didn't know that Phil was your adoptive uncle and nor did he know that Phil had been with you when you heard the commotion on the bridge and that was how you were involved in the mess and the agent didn't know that Fury had asked Phil to give the agent one last chance and that the agent had just blown it.

Phil took a step forward, "Agent, for lying to two superior officers you are suspended from your place at SHIELD and will now be confined to desk work."

"But...sir!" The agent burst out as Phil turned to walk away.

At the doorway, Phil tossed a last piece of advice at the former agent, "Never mess with any of the Avengers, (Name) included."

Attempt #3

Bruce, Tony, Clint and Thor were in Tony's lab and you were in the lounge room, idly flicking through a book until you came up to your place from the last time you read it.