I knew he'd pass out also.

A person can't handle that much bad news.

They'll end up going unconscious.

"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience."
{Frank Herbert}

My hands were shaking uncontrollably by the time I put the letter down. Someone tried to kill me. Someone killed my grandfather. Someone is after Pony also.

And we can't tell anyone about it.

Someone entered and I stuffed the piece of paper in my pocket. I saw Johnny and I flashed him a smile. "Long time no see, huh, Jo?"

He gave me a small smile and pulled a chair up beside the hospital bed. "Pony should be up in about an hour. You had us all scared to death, Ki. We thought we lost you."

I kept my gaze towards the white bear and started messing around with the covers. "Kieran, are you okay?"

"Huh?" I tore my eyes away from the bear and went to Johnny. "I said you had us all worried. Are you okay?"

I nodded my head and laughed. "I'll be fine, Johnny. Could you do a favor for me, please?"

"Anything. You name it."

"Get that bear and throw it in a dumpster far away from here. I never want to see it again."

He gave me a weird look. "Why? Didn't someone give this to you?"

I was debating on whether or not to tell Johnny. He's my best friend and I'd trust that he'd keep it a secret, but at the same time, I'm afraid if the person found out, he or she would hurt Johnny.

"Long story, just please do it for me."

He stood up hesitantly and grabbed the bear while exiting the hospital room. As soon as he closed the door, I snatched the letter back out while scanning it. I didn't recognize the writing one bit, but then again, I never really pay attention to anyone's handwriting. My brain was absolutely drained at the moment and what I really needed was sleep, but this letter has me scared that someone will murder me in the middle of the night.

I need to wait for Pony to wake up so I can talk to him about it. Maybe he has some ideas. As soon as I put the letter back up, someone walked in. "Bob?" I questioned, while knitting my eyebrows in confusion.

"Yeah, it's me." He chuckled and sat down in the chair, putting his elbows on his knees while keeping his gaze towards the ground.

"What are you doing here?"

"Well, I haven't really talked to you since I gave you that paper about your dad, and once I heard you about got engulfed in flames, I had to stop by and see if you were okay."

"How does everyone know about it?" I sat up and took a sip of water.

He laughed lightly, "Kieran, this is a small town. The only thing that spreads faster than rumors are accidents. When a person gets hurt, everyone knows about it. Sometimes even before the police know about it. It's how this town works."

I leaned my head back against the wall and groaned, "Why are you being so nice to me? I don't understand it! I mean, I'm not complaining, but it's weird."

"After I heard the whole thing about your parents, I felt bad. I didn't want to hurt you even more, so I laid off of the bullying."

(LMAO)

I didn't believe that was the reason, but I didn't question it

I didn't believe that was the reason, but I didn't question it. "I'm sorry about your grandpa."

"Yeah, I'm sorry too."

It was an awkward silence and I was thanking the heavens above when Soda and Steve walked in. When they saw Bob, they started clenching their fists. I chuckled. "You don't have to worry about him anymore, guys."

"Oh." They both spoke at the same time. "Well, still, you need to get out because it's our turn with Ki." Soda sassed, causing me to giggle.

Bob started laughing and left the room. Soda grabbed my hand and Steve ruffled my hair. "How you doin' kiddo?"

I flashed them a fake smile. "I'm doing better. I just need Ponyboy to wake up."

"Aww, see, I told you, Steve! They love each other."

I rolled my eyes and ignored Soda's comment. "I hate secrets." I mumbled and Soda furrowed his eyebrows. "What in the hell are you talking about?"

"Secrets. I don't like 'em."

"Trust me, I don't either. Like one time, Darry kept a secret from me and told me that all of the chocolate cake was gone. Turns out, he hid it all." Steve shook his head, and Soda and I started laughing.

"Yeah, Sandy had kept a good amount of secrets. Thank God she's gone."

"Amen!" Steve and I shouted at the same time.

We all busted out laughing and heard the door creak open. Our heads turned in the direction of the door and my eyes went wide. "Pony?"