Page eighteen

'Luna' I heard Hunter call out. We have been out hunting for over three hours. So far I've caught three deers and devoured them all my fur was still blood soaked and I was craving more. My wolf told me I could have full control and that she will just be resting now. I don't know what that means but I don't care, I don't care about anything.

'Luna we should go back you have hunted enough.'

'Shut up,' I snapped and crouched down my ears laying flat as I spotted my neck prey. Hunter whimpered and lay in the snow. He was tired as well but probably didn't want to leave me in fear that I might break down. For that I was grateful, he didn't even talk about the kiss. He just silently followed me, let me eat and then let me stalk again.

The deer looked around nervously aware of its surroundings. I slowly moved closer to my prey stealthily maneuvering through the thick blanket of snow. Then I heard some ones foot crunch on the ground and a loud ear splitting bang.

"Woo we got one," some one cheered running up to my dinner and holding it proudly. I let out a growl how could I not have notice them. These stupid human ruined my meal.

"Pa what was that?" Some other humans voice pipped in I watched as she looked around nervously.

"I don't know girl," the gruff man said he looked around, he had a large frizzy red beard and a large beer belly to match warm brown eyes scanned the forest for any sign of a threat. I growled again, I was angry.

"Is that a bear!?" Some other skinny boy shouted. I stood up and snarled, that was my meal. My prey my food.

"Sweet Jesus ! Dad what do we do?" The girl screamed in terror.

"We shoot it!" He yelled back prepping up his gun aiming it right at me. "It's trying to kill us so we should kill it," he hollered and let out a loud laugh. "His a big one!"

I snarled, I'm not a boy. I am most definitely not a boy. I looked directly at the girl who stared at me wide eyed.

"Dad you can't just kill her, look at her. She looks hurt already, she hasn't even threaten to hurt us, she just looks scared."

"I don't care." His finger pulled the trigger the bullet escaped it cold medal cage and rocked through the air trying to meet it a target. All I had to do was get out of the way, I ducked down and the bullet whizzed by. I growled again, no pesky little human was going to kill me.

'Luna lets go.'

'Go away,' I snapped back.

"Dad look at her eyes, they're ...they're red." The boy let out a shriek and held the female closer.

"What kind of demon are you?" The man stuttered, I only growled once again and stalked forward. I needed more blood and they seemed to be the blood I needed now. The man raised his gun again shaking wildly. I only swatted it out of his hand and pushed it to the ground. I stood in front of him, I growled again and gnashed my teeth at him.

'Luna stop!' Hunter yelled and grabbed hold of my tail and yanked me back. 'You are not a killer!'

I shook him off growling again, I was far too angry to listen to reason. Only blood could quench my thirst. I snarled at the human who tried to kill me.

"Please spare my children," tears streamed down his cheeks I stared intently at him. What was I doing, hunter was right. A whimper escaped my lips as I backed away.

'Hunter I'm sorry' I retreated back to Hunter and we both scurried away. There was a sharp pain in my mind.

'Luna,' I called out for my wolf. 'Luna where are you?' She was quite for far to long.

'Luna lets go back to the house now, okay?'

I looked over at him and nodded. I needed to talk to him in human. My wolf side was slipping into insanity and I don't think I could escape it as easily as Emmett seemed to have done. Is this my life now? Craving blood and not caring who I hurt.

'You turned away when you saw his fear though,' Hunter whispered silently. 'You have to talk to your mate though Luna, you can't run away from your problems.'