Page fourteen

Emmett pulled me up from the ground and pulled me in close, his large arms wrapping around me. I felt my heart skip a beat as I felt like I belonged right there. I looked at the space between us and clearly saw the silver cords pulling us together.

"Everyone needs to calm down," he growled.

"Alpha what were those?" A pack member asked.

I pushed away from Emmett quickly, realizing where I was.

Emmett bit his lip and stood up tall walking over to the elder who was staring intensely at Emmett and I. I shifted nervously from foot to foot. My mind was swimming, I had no clue what happened. I tried to replay everything in my mind.

"Luna!" I heard Rose voice break threw the crowd as she ran over to me.

"Rose," I opened my arms and ran over to her. We both embraced each other.

"Those things, they were from the spa," she whispered. "Those muck like eyes, they were them."

"I know," I whispered.

"They poisoned you," she looked at me teary eyed.

"I know, I can still feel it in my body," I sighed. But what did they poison me with, I furrowed my brows in frustration.

"Luna," Zarks voice spoke up. "We must discus certain things." He looked pointedly at Rose who was still clinging to me while crying. Poor Rose, my best friend was crumpling and I had to leave her.

"Rose I am fine," I smiled while detangling myself from her. She sniffled and wiped at her eyes.

"I'll be here, I'm so sorry Luna," she whimpered again.

I sighed and turned back to the elders and the alpha and trudged my way over to them.

They led my back into the pack house down one of the longest hallways I've ever been in. There was a few doors here and there and then painting of wolves beside them. The floor was a cool beige marble that was smooth and soft against my bare feet. My dress still flowed beautifully across the floor it's fairy-tail like appearance was still present even in a modern building like this. We were in the section I had never ventured into. Section x, it was almost as if it weren't even connected to the rest of the pack house. I glanced over at Emmett who I could feel eyes were watching me the entire time. My heart thumped and I looked down only to see a red string attached to his pinkie and mine binding us together.

The red string of fate. I gulped. It's true, he is my mate. I can feel it in my whole body all I wanted right now was him. To tell him that we are bound together.

"Here we are," Zark smiled and stopped at a Large wooden door with carvings of howling wolves. I gulped and looked down at the floor. The other elders shifted slightly as if they too were worried. Zark opened the door and walked inside the door creaked slightly as if it hasn't been used in decades groaning in protest of it being forgotten for so long. "Please Luna sit," he gestured towards a large wooden chair I nodded and complied. He walked in and the others followed.

"So quit a show out there," one of the elder quietly said. Zark nodded and Emmett looked away. He was looking every where but at me.
"I'm sorry Luna, we are just very confused is all." One elder grumbled.
"Those things, the wolf she called them fays," one of the elders looked over at Zark. "Which fay are they and why would they disrupt a ceremony?"

"They sees to be made of tree and rock and they kept fizzing in and out." Emmett spoke up. "They had something wrapped around them and they stunk of pine."

"It looked like mistletoe," another elder spoke up. "They said they poisoned her."

I bit my lip letting them discus amongst themselves. I looked down at the marble floor, why would they poison me and what was the affect.

To stop you from shifting, Luna we can't shift for a while we can't become one, my wolf whispered quietly in my head. We can't mate.

I looked up at Emmett who's amber eyes bore into mine, my heart leapt.

We can't be claimed by him.

There was no denying it, he was my mate, I could feel it.

"They called her an abomination and said they wants balance. What would be out of balance."

"Being mated to a black wolf," Zark spoke up. "Something that is forbidden."

I quickly stood up. "I didn't choose it," I growled angrily.

"Luna sit down," Emmett growled his face turning red.

"Oh my," Zark shook his head. "This is no good, an alpha mated to his complete opposite, that would break the balance."

"What do you mean?" I asked unsure if I really wanted to know the answer.

"You have to leave the pack Luna,"Emmett looked away.

"But," I bit my lip "I can't, we are destined to be together," I swallowed hard.

"We would destroy each other, what good would that do," Emmett growled.

"You'll go insane Emmett." I bit my lip.

"I'm already there," he looked straight into my eyes and I saw the red pour back into his eyes clouding his vision. "I've known for a while, the insanity is taking over, Luna you have to leave."

I looked over at the elders. "Isn't there something we can do?" I heard my voice screech. My heart felt like it was exploding in my chest.

"Luna, we will find you a safe house until this is worked out. Please child you are still part of our family you just can't be near the alpha. You two are dangerous around each other."

"How!" I screamed, I was loosing it my body began shaking and pain ripped through my body but I didn't care, I let the wolf rip through my skin only for it be stopped halfway, I screamed. This pain what was it?

"Ah so they used mistletoe, they were clever." I heard someone say, but my mind was going blank my eyes rolled back.

Luna I told you we can't shift. Was the last words I heard before the darkness rolled in.

------------
I know this was a short chapter. I'm sorry guys. I just want to thank so many of you for being so flipping awesome man. Your comments just bring the biggest smile to my face. Thank you all so much I'll try to update for you guys more.
Please remember to vote and comment and don't being awesome you lovely book worms <3

Love Kia