MJ

You held your boyfriend's hand as you both strolled down on a path.
In your free hand you had a brand new fishing pole. MJ had bought you one the day before since you didn't have one.

He carried a cooler and his fishing pole in his free hand. You looked up at him and saw the small smile on his face.
He was happy since you agreed to go fishing with him, and he's been really excited about it.
'I don't really know why though, I mean it's just fishing. I'm sure it'll be fun but still,' you thought.
"So y/n," MJ stated causing you to stop what you were thinking.
"Since its your first time fishing I should tell you some things. First of all..." He continued on, but you only pretended to listen.

'He's beginning to sound all high and mighty.' You were a bit annoyed by that, however you let it slide.
'Don't wanna hurt his pride now I guess. All that talking like he's the best or something is unnecessary though... A little cute but unnecessary.'

"...but most importantly, patience is key. Got it?"
"Oh, uh yeah got it," you gave a convincing smile.
"Don't worry, I'll be there to give a demonstration too," he grinned.
You didn't feel too relieved with that in mind.

It wasn't long until you both reached the river.
It was basically part of a public park, completely for tourist type activities, but even so the surroundings didn't give that feeling to it.
All of your stuff was set on the picnic tables, and you walked towards the water.
The huge trees nearby brought you in as you sat beneath one just admiring the scenery.
You sighed and looked back at your boyfriend, who was putting the bait on the hooks.
"What a nice day," you said to no one in particular as you moved your legs to your chest and rested your head upon your knees.
You heard footsteps come your way and got off the ground. MJ held your fishing pole out to you as you brushed off any dirt you might've had from sitting.

You grabbed the pole and got closer to the water when he did.
"Okay so watch and see how it's done y/n," he smiled arrogantly and you shook your head.
He swung the fishing pole out into the water, or at least tried to.
Instead of going out into the water he managed to get the fishing line caught in a tree.
You also tried to keep in your laughter, however that didn't go as planned either.

"Oh my god, ahahaha I can't- i just- you just," you couldn't even find the right words to say.

He looked a little annoyed and embarrassed. "Haha very funny. Help me get this out now."
You walked over to where he was.
"Listen if it's only the line that's caught then just cut it and you can just replace it with new hooks and such," you explained as you lightly pulled on it.
He gave a small frown. "Okayyy," he sulked.
You both got the fishing pole out of the tree, missing the part of the line with the hooks attached but still in one piece, and you tried to fish for once.

You moved away from any sort of trees, because you didn't want the same thing to happen to you.
You mimicked what MJ did and slightly swung the pole while pressing the button on the handle, making the line reach out and plop in the water.
'Okay now time to wait,' you thought.
However there was no need to do so.
Right away you felt the line tug and just started reeling it in like a madman.
"Ahhhhh I think I got one!"

'It's a little heavy for its size,' you thought.
"MJ look!" You said a bit excited as you held up a fish about the size of your palm.
He just gave a smile.
'Is he okay?'

You walked over to him.
"Hey." He looked at you and you continued speaking. "What's wrong?"
"Huh? Oh nothing's wrong. Why?"
You looked at him skeptically before sighing.
"MJ there's no need to lie, just tell me what's on your mind okay?"
"There's no hiding anything from you now is there?" He slightly sulked.
"Nope," you said with a straight face as you plopped the fish to his face and held it there.

"Eeehhh! YAH!" He yelled pushing your hand with the fish away. "Don't just put it on my face that's gross!"
"Ahahaha," teasing him was very funny to you. "Okay now spill the beans."

He sighed. "I was just thinking of how lame I actually am."
"I know this already."
"Y/n be serious for a second ok."
"Okay okay I'm sorry. I'll stop."
"For real though, I just keep on thinking of how great and amazing you are but you're with me and I just don't understand why, because I'm so ... like not cool enough ya know?"
"Myungjun," you said his full name softly which captured his attention completely. "Listen. I want you to know something. Being cool or whatever isn't the thing that I like about you alright?
I like your dumb jokes and your dorky personality and the small little things you do to make me smile. I love how you make everything we do fun and I just... love you."

This was the first time either of you had ever said you loved the other. His eyes widened.
You nodded and continued, " I love you the way you are and I don't want to change anything about that."
His eyes watered a bit.
"A-are you crying?" You asked shocked.
"Now I feel stupid for feeling that way before," he said while wiping his eyes.
You punched his cheeks and said in a baby voice," that's because you arrreee."
He just laughed.

"Now let's go back to fishing!" You exclaimed happily.
"Let's gooo!"
You put the fish you first caught in a cooler MJ had brought with him and put new bait on your hooks as he grabbed his fishing pole(he had fixed the line btw).
"I'm so going to catch more than you," MJ stated.
"Oh it's on."
You both swung the lines into the water and waited.
You both stood in a comfortable silence and then you remembered.

"Heyyy. You never said 'I love you' back."

"Uhhh... OH I think I caught one!"

"Don't try to change the subject!"

"I'm kidding I'm kidding. I love you too!"

~~~~~~~

:)))

I tried to get more writing done this summer however nothing went as planned n now idk how it'll be with a new school year coming around but I'll still try my best
(I start on 8/22 what about everyone else???)

I'm gonna be a sophomore and omg
Plus I found out my rank and idk if it's gonna end up changing but I feel so pressured and shocked about it bc IDEK how I'm so high ranked (not gonna say exactly but still)

Anyways I guess just good luck to everyone else as well if you are starting another school year such as myself :D

Thanks for reading, voting, n commenting!!! I really appreciate it!!!

Bye~