Moon Bin

You breathed heavily walking into the closest building you saw. Even with a big coat, a scarf, mittens, and a hat, you were still freezing your butt off.
The bell rang as you opened the door. The aroma of coffee hit your nose the moment you were inside. 'A cafe,' you thought. 'That's nice.' You sat down on a seat where the counter was. The boy who worked there seemed busy since there were a pretty large amount of people here, even though it's the holiday season. Your face was still cold against the warm air inside the cafe.
You were pretty sure you looked like Rudolph the red nose reindeer right now, but you didn't really care about that. You pulled out your phone to check the time.

10:47 a.m.

Early for you. Especially on a Saturday. The only reason you were out this early was because the sales going on at many different stores, trying to get customers like yourself to buy their products. And you wanted to get something for your family. Even though Christmas is over, you'd always do this.
It somehow became a tradition for you to buy something new for your family at the beginning of the new year.
So there you were.
Sitting in a cafe trying to warm up before you go spend money.

"Miss? Can I get you something to drink? O-or if you want we have food." You were a little caught off guard since you were blocking everything out and were just in tune with your thoughts.
"Um one small latte please," you managed to say. 'Gosh why do i have to have trouble speaking with people?' You thought. Little did you know that he had trouble speaking with you as well. You didn't know that the minute you walked in that he couldn't stop looking at you. He thought you were extremely cute and the red on your face, from the cold, only made you cuter to him.

Usually customers at that cafe were adults who needed a coffee to wake them up, or to keep them awake at night for work. It was rare for student aged people to show. But he had never seen you before. He didn't want it to stay that way either. He thought about what he was going to do while making your drink.

You sat there just clueless about the whole crisis that was happening in his mind. A few of the adults quietly snickered to themselves, noticing how flustered his face had looked when he spoke to you.
All you could think about were the sales.

Not too long after your drink was ready. However, you didn't lift up your head until you heard the person's voice.
"I'm sorry about the way it came out. But enjoy your drink."
You weren't sure what he meant by that until you actually looked at the drink. The shape was... odd.

'What is this even supposed to be?' You thought.
You shrugged and put the drink to your mouth to taste. 'The taste is good so whatever that is doesn't really matter.'

"감사합니다 (thank you) ," you told him. "Uh if you don't mind me asking. Um.
What exactly is this supposed to look like?" You were genuinely curious.
However, you felt as if it was wrong to ask because the moment those words left your mouth you noticed the instant blush on his face.
"I-I'm sorry if I asked the wrong thing. You don't have to answer me, uh," you hesitated. You didn't know his name. You looked at the name tag he had on. "Moon Bin."
A faint whisper had been heard. You couldn't make out what he had said though.

"I'm sorry what?"
".... A heart. It was supposed to be a heart," he said smiling sheepishly. "I'm not too good at that yet I guess." You let out a small giggle until what he said sunk in your head.
Now your face was red. And it wasn't from the cold. 'Why would he make it a heart?' Boy, were you clueless. You looked at your hands, not knowing what to do in this type of situation. Usually people never tried to hit on you by doing something like this. They never actually seemed sincere like this boy did.
"Oh well thank you," you smiled.
You took a few more minutes to drink the latte before you decided that you'd get your shopping done.

You stood up and walked to the register where the boy had walked behind after the small chat you shared. You handed him your money. Well, you tried to.
He just shook his head at you.
"It's on the house. Well kind of," Moon Bin told you.
"Kind of? What's that supposed to mean?"
"Go on a date with me."
Your eyes widened. "What?"
"Go on a date with me," he repeated. "I want to know about you. Other than the fact that you super pretty."
You pulled out a pen and reached for his hand.

You wrote your number on his hand, and he looked at it.

"How about you call me later and we'll talk about that date?"
"Eh? Really?"

"Yup."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I tried to do a different type of writing than what I've written before and idk if it came out good or not but I'm kinda proud of this one lol

Thanks for reading !!!

(Happy New Years)