Don't Stop Believing and Graduation

Chapter 9

<Hendrix Ramone>

It's the week before graduation, which is the first Friday in June for my school. I've ditched most of my classes this week in favor of sleeping in the wrestling room, but my teachers don't care as long as I show up for exams, most of which I've already taken. My friends have joined me, but Levi and Noah had an exam today and Maddox has been MIA all morning, so currently, I'm alone.

He'll show up eventually.

"So, this is where you and your friends disappear to everyday." My eyes snap open and catch sight of Beckham standing in the doorway.

"Why do you care? Did you miss me?" I ask with a smirk.

"Never in your wildest dreams." She replies sarcastically and slaps the snapback off my head as she takes a seat next to me.

"I guess I'll have to change my hiding place since you found it." I chuckle and take my earbuds out of my ears.

"You don't have much longer left to hide." She grins and hits my arm playfully.

I still remember how pretty she looked at the audition a month ago. It wasn't the same pretty that all the Cali girls at this school are obsessed with; it was pure, unadulterated beauty. She was glowing like a freaking angel, but I'd never tell her that because I don't think I'd hear the end of it.

"Did you guys get your results yet?" Beckham asks in a nervous voice, her fingers tangling in the ends of her blonde hair.

"Nope, Maddox is usually the one with this kind of news, but I haven't seen him around today. I guess the loser decided to go to class instead." I chuckle and look her way.

"He wasn't in Spanish." Beckham replies with a shrug, silence falling between us.

"Hendrix Ramone," A very excited Maddox shouts as he runs into the wrestling room, waving a gold envelope like a victory flag. "Guess what band got into Battle of the Bands?"

"We did? That's amazing!" I shout and stand up, taking the envelope from his hands. "Congratulations Slightly Psychotic, you've been selected as a member of the 2016 Battle of the Bands." I feel my pulse quicken and I have a sudden urge to jump up and down while screaming like one of my teenage fangirls.

"That's awesome, guys." I turn around and see Beckham giving me a genuine smile.

I pull her into a hug and I feel her arms wrap around me in a warm embrace. After realizing what we're doing, we release each other and refuse to make eye contact, the situation taking an awkward turn.

"You two need to stop denying it, the tension in here is suffocating." Maddox rolls his eyes and sinks down onto the floor.

"There you are!" Antebellum runs into the room next, waving an identical envelope to that of Maddox. "We got in!" She squeals and pulls Beckham into a hug.

Beckham wraps her arms around Antebellum tightly and takes in a few deep breaths as a grin spreads across her face.

"We did it!" She squeals and shuts her eyes tightly.

"Graduation is Friday, and then the party and then we have to pack!" Maddox grins as we all sink down onto the ground with him.

"I can't wait!" Beckham screams and lies down. "We're actually doing this!"

"I'm so happy we made it," I grin and lay down next to her.

Soon the others follow suit and we're all lying on the ground, staring up at the beige ceiling of the wrestling room.