Famous Last Words and Obvious Feelings

Chapter 8

<Beckham O'Halloran>

"Thank you guys so much for coming out to see us today; hopefully we'll see you again at Battle of the Bands." I say and wave to the crowd.

I catch a pair of green eyes shining by the door. Hendrix smiles and gives me a thumbs-up before he and his friends walk out the doors of the main stage area. I wave to the crowd as the curtains come billowing down. A deep breath escapes my lips as I turn off the mic and hear Antebellum squeal from behind me.

"See, I told you that you could do it, Beckham." She stands up from the drum kit and pulls me into a hug.

"Thanks for having faith in me." I whisper as Morley and Rose join the hug.

"I'm so proud of you guys." Antebellum says as she releases us.

We walk off stage and back to the Voodoo Lounge arm in arm, smiles stretching across our faces'. I grab my bag and follow Antebellum to the back of the House of Blues. She says she'll go get the van and then takes off while I lean against the brick wall of the outside of the building. I fire a quick text to my mom and then slip my phone back into my pocket.

"I told you you'd do great." Hendrix whispers in my ear, startling me.

He leans up against the wall next to me with an infuriating smirk on his lips.

"You weren't too bad yourself." I reply and hit his arm lightly.

"What can I say?" He winks and I give him a disgusted look.

"Are we back to the cocky rock star thing?"

"Did we ever really leave it?"

"You need to get that ego under control." I sigh and flick his shoulder.

"I'll try, Princesa."

"For the love of everything good in this world, quit calling me that."

"I think you like it." He smirks, intentionally leaning closer to me.

"I think she likes you." Morley pipes in. "But that's just my opinion."

"Morley, you can't just go spouting out things like that." I hiss and she just tilts her head innocently.

"It's obvious, though." Morley pouts.

"That doesn't mean you need to go around telling everyone."

"You're not denying it." Hendrix practically sings from behind me.

"I will deal with you later." I glare at him and turn back to Morley.

"I actually have to go, but I'll see you around, Princesa." Hendrix says and squeezes my forearm. "I'm sure you'll miss me."

He whispers the last part in my ear and then walks off to an obnoxiously colored van where his friends are waiting. Antebellum pulls up a few seconds later with a smirk on her face as she unlocks the doors for us. I slip into the front seat and lean my head against the dashboard in humiliation.

"What's wrong, puppy?" Antebellum pouts as everyone else buckles themselves in.

"Morley tried to make Beckham admit that she liked Hendrix right in front of him." Rose replies in a much too satisfied tone.

"Aw, poor baby." Antebellum says without a trace of sympathy. "I mean it must be so hard to have the Hendrix Ramone hanging around you like a lovesick puppy all the time."