Blame It on the Rain and Dumb Fangirls

Chapter 4

<Beckham O'Halloran>

I walk into my theater class and plop down in a chair next to Antebellum. She looks up from her phone and chuckles.

"Why do you look grumpy this morning?" She pouts, slipping her phone into her bag.

"Nothing, just some guy in my Spanish class was being annoying." I sigh and set my backpack on the ground next to my chair.

"You suck at being nonchalant, but if he's being this annoying, then I'll beat him up." She cracks her knuckles and I laugh a little.

"No need for that, Bell, but I'll call you if I ever have any problems him." I wink and lean back in my chair.

"So, who is this jack-about that's making sweet Beckham so pouty?"

"Hendrix Ramone," I mutter and examine the bracelets on my wrists.

"Oh, quit complaining; you're blessed to be annoyed by someone that attractive." Antebellum dismisses me with a wave of her perfectly manicured hand.

"I thought we both agreed that he was annoying."

"Doesn't make him any less attractive."

"Traitor." I shake my head in a disapproving way.

"Guilty as charged." Antebellum winks as our teacher comes into the room to start class.

~~~~~

It's lunch time, which means I finally get to be let out of my dreary science class. I walk quickly towards the cafeteria and hop into the lunch line. Sadly, the refrigerator stopped working last night and my mom had to cave and call a repairman, so that means no lunch for me. I look disgustedly at some grain bowl that the school is serving. Health-conscious meals really kill the joy of eating. I pay for it and get out of the lunch line as fast as I can.

"Hey, Princesa." Hendrix calls as I walk past his lunch table on the way to my own.

"I have a feeling I should just file for a name change now." I mutter and turn around to look at him.

"It'd make your life a hell of a lot easier." Hendrix agrees, his friends chuckling next to him.

"I guess you should change your name to B.S. then." I cross my arms, waiting for him to fall right into my trap.

"Now, why would I want to do that?" He smirks, lacing his fingers behind his head lazily.

"Because that's all I hear coming out of your mouth."

"Slay," His friend coughs before dissolving into laughter.

Hendrix gives me an approving nod, flicking his bangs off his forehead to reveal a pair of green eyes.

"I'll get my revenge, Princesa."

"Those are big words for someone who just got roasted."

"And those are fighting words."

"It's on."

With that, I turn on my heel and make my way to Antebellum's table on the other side of the cafeteria.

~~~~~

"Yay, you're on time!" Antebellum squeals as I walk into Treble Note two weeks before our qualifying audition.

"I know, it's a miracle; I mean it's not like I've just moved here or anything." I wink and set my bag down.

"You've been here for two weeks; you need to figure out how to get places on time." Antebellum exclaims and takes a seat at her drum set.