Chapter 32

Bethany's POV

The light through the bedroom window is what woke me.
I sat up slowly, squinting my eyes into the light in frustration.

I fell back against the warm covers and begged for more sleep to come.

I had a dream. A good one, about Harry. It was a different Harry though, a sweeter, more gentle Harry. He held me close to his chest and ran his warm fingers up and down my spine. He breathed heavily into my hair and his chest rose softly against mine with every large breathe he took. He whispered sweet love words into my ear and would every now and then place his plump lips against the tip of my nose, making me shiver slightly. I didn't remember where we were, just that it was a perfect place. I wanted to go back there, even if it was just a dream.

When it was obvious my body was ready to wake up, I sat up against the header of the bed and gently rubbed my eyes awake. I looked around the unfamiliar scene.

"Harry?" I croaked.

No answer.

I cleared my throat. "Harry?" I said a little louder. Still no answer.

I stood from the bed only to realize I was naked. I grabbed the blanket from the bed and covered myself before venturing into the hallway.

I walked in and out of the kitchen and into the living room. They were both empty, and I felt my heart sink as I continued to search with no success. Harry wasn't home.

He wouldn't just leave after what happened last night. Right? I mean I was naked, but you think I would remember my first time. I felt tears threaten to spill over at the thought.

Why couldn't I remember?

I found my way back to the bathroom and almost didn't recognize myself in the mirror. I looked tired, too tired for someone my age. My cheeks were sunken in, and my eyes were bulging. The corners of my mouth were dry and my hair was tangled down the length down my back. But what scared me the most was my yellow skin. It looked almost sickening, and I gasped as I ran my rough fingers over my face.

"What's wrong with me," I whispered to myself.

I almost forgot I was alone, before I heard my cell phone go off from the bedroom.
I tripped over my own feet, slowly making my way to the desk where my phone was.

It was my alarm. 7:30 it read.

I had set my alarm to wake me up to get ready for my classes, since I knew Harry wouldn't have woken me up. I guess I still would go, even though Harry wasn't here. But my car wasn't, so I couldn't drive myself.

I decided to call him, I didn't care if it was a clingy move. He made the dick move and left me here.

I pulled up his name and noticed a voicemail, from him. At 3:41 a.m.

I stared at the time a little longer, making sure I had read right. Harry was with me at that time, wasn't he? Why was he calling me, especially when I was asleep.

I hesitantly clicked on the voicemail box and brought the phone to my ear.

"Beth," Harry's deep voiced played through the other end. "I need you to listen to me,"

"What I'm about to tell you is very important, so pay attention. When you listen to this voicemail I will already be gone. Don't worry, I'm fine, but I can't tell you where I'm going, or what is happening. I just needed to tell you that you can't look for me, or tell the anyone anything about last night," I brought both hands up to the phone as his tone hardened.

"I left you a letter in the glove compartment of your car downstairs, I had someone bring it up,"

I walked over to the window to find my car parked just below in Harry's usual parking spot.

"Beth, I'm sorry for bringing you into this. I never wanted this, but the police are probably going to ask you questions, just tell them you can't remember. No matter what they ask...."

"And Beth?" I tensed as though he was really talking to me.

"I had an amazing night with you," I smiled subconsciously, and had a feeling he was at the time too.

"I'll call you as soon as I can, but delete this message after you listen to it. And also whatever you do, do not..."

Two large bangs on Harry's front door cause me to jump and drop my phone to the floor.

I froze before two more knocks came. I cursed before picking up my phone and listening to Harry's tense voice come through.

"Do you understand? He's nothing but trouble, so stay away from him. Please be safe Beth, I'll call you soon," Before I could even comprehend Harry's last instructions someone yelled through the front door.

"Bethany Andrew, this is the police. We know your inside,"

Oh my God.

Was this really happening? Was I really standing naked in my 'boyfriends' apartment with the police on the other side of his front door searching for him? What the hell did he do? I was hyperventilating, or maybe even having a heart attack. Things were happening to fast for my brain to comprehend them. I wrapped the blanket tighter around me as I heard the front door open.

"Stay where you are ma'am,"

Two large SWAT member stood in the door way with a pistol in hand. I froze, obeying every word they said. They both moved past me and two more men filled their spots. They began to wonder through the house and whisper among each other. One was even speaking into a walkie talkie. I knew they were talking about me, but they didn't seem to care I was having a mental breakdown. One of the men gently grabbed my arm and led me into the living room. I sat down on the couch as two men stood in fright of me, whispering. My phone was still under my blanket in my now clammy hands. Before I could regret it, I quickly pulled my phone above the covers and swiped Harry's voicemail up.

'Are you sure you want to delete this voicemail?' The words flashed across the screen.

"Hey, what is she doing?" One of the men asked from behind me. I panicked as I heard footprints come up from behind me. I didn't even bother to look up before I pressed accept and the voicemail disappeared from my screen forever.

I turned to the men. "Nothing," I smiled innocently.